These Potato Waffles are savory, crisp on the outside and fluffy inside. Made with uncooked potatoes, eggs, Parmesan cheese, flour and green scallions, then seasoned to perfection and cooked in waffle maker. Serve them with sour cream, green scallions, or fried eggs. They are great for morning breakfast brunch.
If you have a sweet tooth, try also Liege Waffles or Belgian Waffles.
POTATO WAFFLES IN WAFFLE MAKER
My elder son is a potato lover, he can literally eat it 3 times in a day. This week when I was talking to my mom over the phone and mentioned this, she recommended to try potato waffles which she cooks for herself in the morning. She assured me that kids were going to love them and she was RIGHT!
These waffles are super easy to make, fun to serve and you need just a few ingredients you most likely have in your fridge. Best of all, any waffle maker will work (I purchased the cheapest one from Carrefour a few years ago) and very happy with waffles it cooks.
I also love the fact that you don’t need to cook potatoes, just throw all the ingredients in a food processor with a knife blade attachment (it is usually included with all food processors), pulse until you get grated/ finely chopped mixture and your waffle batter is ready! Easy peasy! The process takes less than 5 minutes.
If you have a waffle maker, you should try these absolutely delicious savory waffles!
Best Potatoes for Potato Waffles
I found that Russets or Yukon potatoes are hands down the best for making potato waffles. If you have tried other potatoes, let me know in your comments.
Don’t be skeptical about using raw potatoes for waffle batter. The waffle maker’s heat from both sides cook them quickly and you will get crispy golden waffles in an instant.
The key to the BEST potato waffles is seasoning and Parmesan cheese. Generously season the batter with salt and pepper and you can add any dry/ fresh herbs as well.
How to Make Potato Waffles Gluten Free?
Substitute all-purpose flour with potato, rice or any GF all-purpose flour.
How to Make Potato Waffles?
- Pulse the diced potatoes, onion, garlic, all -purpose flour, Parmesan cheese and potato flour in your food processor until everything is finely chopped. Don’t over pulse, it usually takes about 2-3 minutes.
- Squeeze some liquid from the mixture using a cheesecloth or a nut milk bag.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl, then add eggs, vegetable oil, sliced scallions and baking powder. Season generously the batter with salt and pepper. You can add herbs and any seasoning you like.
- Preheat the waffle maker. Generously grease both sides of waffle iron, you will do it just once as waffle batter contains vegetable oil and it will help to prevent waffles from sticking to the iron.
- Spoon ¼ cup of batter into the preheated waffle maker. Close and cook until golden and crisp on both sides, about 4-5 minutes. You will end with 9 waffles (medium size).
- I recommend to serve them immediately with, fried eggs, sliced scallions and sour cream.
If you love potatoes, I recommend to try:
- Lyonnaise Potatoes
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Potato Salad
- Mashed Potato Balls in Ponzu Sauce
If you make these Potato waffles be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
POTATO WAFFLES IN WAFFLE MAKER
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4
These Potato Waffles are savory, crisp on the outside and fluffy inside. Made with potatoes, eggs, Parmesan cheese, flour and green scallions, then seasoned to perfection and cooked in waffle maker. Serve them with sour cream, green scallions, or fried eggs. They are great for morning breakfast brunch.
- Large Yukon potatoes ( diced) -5
- All-purpose flour- 5 tbsp.
- Potato flour- 1 tbsp.
- Onion ( chopped)-1
- Garlic cloves -2
- Large eggs- 2
- Vegetable oil- 2 tbsp.
- Baking powder- ½ tsp.
- Grated Parmesan cheese - 2 tbsp.
- Scallions ( sliced)- 2 tbsp.
- Black pepper- ¼ tsp.
- Salt -as needed
- Add the diced potatoes, onion, garlic, all -purpose flour, Parmesan cheese and potato flour to your food processor and pulse until the potatoes look grated. This shouldn't take long, about 2-3 minutes.
- Using a cheesecloth or a nut milk bag squeeze some liquid.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl, then add eggs, vegetable oil, sliced scallions and baking powder. Season the batter with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Preheat the waffle maker. Spray waffle iron with non-stick spray. You need to do it just once.
- Take ¼ cup of batter and put into the preheated waffle maker. Close and cook until golden and crisp on both sides, about 4-5 minutes ( the cooking time depends on your waffle maker). You will get 9 waffles total, using ¼ cup of batter per waffle.
- Serve immediately with sliced scallions and sour cream.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Waffle recipes
- Cuisine: Russian
- Serving Size: 100 пь
- Calories: 92
- Sugar: 0 g
- Fat: 4.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.6 g
- Fiber: 0.8 g
- Protein: 1.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g
Keywords: waffle recipe, waffles, potato waffles, vegan waffles
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Leave a Reply