This is the best recipe for Italian Tiramisu. It is made with coffee-flavored Savoiardi and a light and airy Mascapone filling. Perfect for coffee lovers!Are you looking for other delicious after-meal options? Like you need to explore other tasty desserts besides your most favored? Or are you just interested in learning a new technique in the kitchen to surprise someone special? If that’s the case, you need to try the authentic tiramisu for a surprising and an unforgettable treat.
What is this authentic Tiramisu meal? Well, to begin with, it is a dessert with the meaning “wake me up”, cheer me up” or “pick me up”. It is coffee flavored to literally “wake you up” but contain other amazing tasty ingredients as well. It is made up of egg yolks, mascarpone cheese, chocolate, and cocoa. For any cake lovers, this is the dessert for you. The ingredients are made into a yummy layer of cake and topped up with mascapone and cocoa powder.
Now that you know what it is, it’s time you cooked it. You need fresh ingredients to achieve a good dessert. In addition to main ingredients mentioned earlier, you will need sugar, ladyfingers, brewed espresso (or American coffee), whipped cream as well as Kahlua. Depending on your preference, you are free to add other sweetening flavors like butter cream after preparing the Tiramisu. To start off, you need to whisk egg yolks and sugar in a bowl and mix them thoroughly. In this mixture, add the mascarpone cheese and whisk once more till they completely combine.
Besides this mixture, you need to whip egg whites to soft peaks with the remaining sugar. Then fold the mixture into the mascarpone mixture ranging from two to three additions. With the resultant cream, you can spread it into an even layer and soak your cookies into coffee, and arrange them in tight positions on top until they completely cover the even cream layer. Spread the remaining cream over the cookies for the best sight. You should refrigerate this for at least two hours to set the cream. Afterwards, remove it from the refrigerator to settle in room temperature. And, your dessert is ready and can be served cold, not frozen – the reason for its name “semifreddo”
However, opposed to this typical technique, do you want to learn other important tips that can make it even more delicious and fun to prepare? First off, prepare extra coffee for assurance as you can’t exactly know how much coffee ladyfingers will absorb. It is better to have excess of it than limitedly not enough of it. Secondly, do not let the cookies absorb too much liquid to prevent them from becoming too soft and mushy. Do this by dipping the ladyfingers in coffee very fast. Thirdly, do not over refrigerate the mascarpone cheese. Ensure to remove it early enough while whipping it soft before using it. Lastly, using raw eggs can expose you to salmonella contamination. Instead, use zabaglione or whipped cream which will not make a significant difference in taste.
Thereby, if you are up for the challenge, you can make the most amazing authentic tiramisu with those important tips. Just remember, all you need is to dedicate your time for it. It will take a while and tedious longlist preparation procedures but it is worthwhile.
HOW TO MAKE ITALIAN TIRAMISUPrint
- Savoiardi ( lady fingers)- 500 gm
- Mascapone- 500 gm
- Large eggs- 2, separated
- Cacao- 60 gm
- Sugar- 50 gm
- Coffee Espresso-300 ml
- Fresh cream- 500 ml
- Marsala- 1 tbsp
- Put the egg yolks and half of the sugar in a bowl. Place it over the pan with simmering water. Beat with your hand until tripled in volume and sugar is dissolved. Do not stop beating until removed from the heat.
- Beat in mascapone to yolk mixture until combined. Add Marsala and 1 tbsp of coffee Espresso.Mix well. Allow yolk- mascapone mixture to cool completely.
- In a clean bowl (with the whisk attachment) whip the egg whites until foamy. Gradually add the remaining sugar. Continue beating till stiff peaks.
- Whip the cream till soft peaks. ( Make sure the cream is very cold , chill also the bowl in the freezer.) It will help the cream whip quickly.
- Gently fold the whipped cream in egg whites.
- Now gently combine yolk-mascapone mixture with the whipped cream .
- ASSEMBLE TIRAMISU
- Dip Savoiardi( lady fingers) into the coffee and line the bottom of your square dish.
- Spread half of the mascapone filling over the Savoiardi.
- Dust generously with cocoa.
- Dip the remaining Savoiardi into the coffee and make a second layer.
- Top with the remaining Mascapone cream and dust again with Cocoa.
- Cover with plastic and refrigerate at least 7-8 hours.
- You can store Tiramisu up to 2 days in the fridge.
- Serve with grated chocolate and fresh mint leaves.
TIRAMISU WITHOUT CREAM
You can replace cream with egg whites;
6 eggs( separated), 120 gm sugar, Savoiardi 500 gm, Mascapone 500 gm, cacao 60 gm, coffee espresso 300 ml.
A 23 cm/ 9-inch square dish
- Category: Cakes/Dessert
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 492
- Sugar: 29 gm
- Sodium: 148 mg
- Fat: 31 gm
- Saturated Fat: 18 gm
- Carbohydrates: 42.5 gm
- Cholesterol: 291 mg
Leave a Reply