This Baked Pecan Panko Crusted Salmon is crunchy and absolutely delicious! The buttery pecan panko crust pairs incredibly well with flaky and tender salmon. It takes less than 25 minutes to make this restaurant-quality salmon dish. Once you try it, you will make this salmon recipe again and again.
I always prefer baking than pan frying because baking is the most fool proof method to get moist and tender salmon without drying it out. This salmon recipe requires only 25 minutes and a few simple ingredients, yet it will taste better than any salmon dish from a fancy restaurant. Even though salmon + buttery pecan panko crust is an incredible combination, you can use cod, trout or any other fish in place of salmon.
How long to bake salmon at 425 F /220 C?
Baking time will depend on the thickness of salmon fillets. I recommend to use a ruler to measure the thickness of salmon before baking. It usually takes about 8 minutes per 1-inch thickness of salmon. I used larger fillets and it took 15 minutes.
• 1-inch thickness = 6-8 minutes
• 2-inch thickness = 12-15 minutes
Pecan Panko Crust
The pecan panko crust comes together in seconds and can be used for both fish and chicken. It is very delicious and I plan to try in in my Baked Shrimp Scampi with Bread Crumbs recipe. You can use any kind of nuts. For gluten free version use shredded coconut instead of bread crumbs.
How to make baked salmon
As I’ve already mentioned, it is a quick and healthy salmon recipe which is perfect for any day of the week. Let’s dive in and learn how to make the best baked salmon recipe in the world! Yes!! I truly believe it is one of the most delicious salmon dishes.
1. Mix all the ingredients for the honey mustard glaze/sauce. It will help pecan panko crust to adhere well to salmon fillets.
2. Prepare panko crust by simply combining panko breadcrumbs, parsley and chopped nuts. You can use any nuts of your choice. I tried almond, walnuts and macadamia nuts. All worked well, but I admit that pecan nuts are my favorite one.
3. Top salmon fillets with glaze and pecan-panko mixture.
4. Bake at 450°F / 225 °C for 8-15 minutes, the time will depend on the size and thickness of salmon fillets.
Serving Panko Crusted Salmon
If you make this baked salmon with honey mustard and pecan panco crust be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating! I will be happy to hear from you!
BAKED PECAN CRUSTED SALMONPrint
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!