Aloo palak is a delicious Indian recipe. It is a classic sabzi. Alook palak is mostly served as a side dish and is very popular in the northern part of India. The recipe is prepared by many people around the world due to its health benefits and nutritional values.The dish consists of potatoes and spinach ( aloo & palak). You can serve this delicious meal with roti, chapthi, naan, and others. The potatoes are very common and nutritious food in most parts of the world. The have healthy benefits and nutritional values. The potatoes benefits include:
- Help in improving the digestive system
- Protecting from the polyps,
- They have anti-aging properties,
- Can increase blood circulation,
- They can strengthen the immune system
- Protects the skin
- Reduced blood pressure
- They help to maintain the fluid balance
- Reduced insomnia
- They are rich in nutrients like iron, vitamin C which improves the body metabolism.
- It can help you to burn calories at a high rate.
- The spinach has antioxidants which prevent signs of aging and wrinkles.
- It helps to manage diabetes. This is because it is low in glycaemic index.
- It helps to cure constipation. This is because it is packed with fibre.
- The calcium in the spinach helps to strengthen the teeth.
The above benefits of the aloo and palak make it important and you can include it in your daily meals. Believe aloo palak will help you to be fit and healthy.
It is easy and simple to prepare this recipe at home. This is a combination of potato cubes and sliced spinach. You can cook it with red chilies and masalas.
People love the aloo palak recipe because you can easily use the available spices and the other ingredients. The combination of all these results in a tongue tickler taste. It can be enjoyed hot with any Indian bread of your choice.
HOW TO MAKE ALOO PALAK FROM SCRATCH
- Fresh spinach- 1 kg or 2 lbs
- Parboiled potatoes( diced)-4 cups
- Whole onion-1
- Onion ( finely chopped)- 1
- Garlic cloves( minced)- 4
- Cumin seeds- 2 tsp
- Red chili flakes- 1 tsp ( optional)
- Olive oil- 3 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Peel & dice the potatoes. Place them & the whole onion in a large saucepan and bring to boil. Boil 4 minutes. The potatoes must be only parboiled (partly cooked). Remove from the heat and drain them. Keep aside for a while.
- Cut the spinach leaves from their stems and soak them in a basin filled with cold water until they are totally free of soil. You may need to change water a few times.
- Heat 3 tbsp of olive oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and fry until lightly golden.
- Add the minced garlic cloves & 2 tsp of cumin seeds; cook, stirring, until fragrant ( 20-30 seconds) over medium heat.
- Add spinach, season with salt and red chili flakes. Cook, tossing, until starting to wilt.
- Add the parboiled potatoes to the saucepan with spinach and cook another 5-6 minutes ( uncovered) on high heat until potatoes are cooked.
- Adjust salt.
- Serve immediately.
Enjoy Indian Aloo Palak!