Low carb, gluten free and keto friendly chicken thighs with the most incredible creamy mushroom sauce make a delicious meal that is packed with flavor and made in one skillet under 30 minutes.
FOR THE CHICKEN THIGHS
- Skinless chicken thighs ( 9-10 pieces) -1 kg / 2 pounds
- Onion Powder- 1 teaspoon
- Garlic powder-1 teaspoon
- Dried rosemary- 1/2 teaspoon
- Corn flour- 1 teaspoon
- Ground black pepper- 1/2 teaspoon
- Olive oil-3 tablespoons
- Salt-to taste
FOR THE MUSHROOM SAUCE
- Salted butter- 1 tablespoon
- Garlic cloves, minced-5
- Mushrooms ( sliced)- 250 gm/ 8 ounces
- Fresh grated Pecorino/Parmesan cheese- 1/2 cup
- Heavy cream- 1 1/2 cup
- Fresh parsley-1 tablespoon
- In a small bowl combine the garlic power, onion powder, corn flour, dried rosemary and black pepper. Season the chicken thighs.
- In a large skillet heat 3 tablespoons olive oil and cook the chicken thighs until browned and cooked through ( about 8-9 minutes per each side).
- Add butter, wait until it melts, then add garlic and cook further until fragrant.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes. Season with black pepper and salt.
- Pour in the cream and cook until the sauce thickens slightly, then stir in Pecorino cheese and cook for 1-2 minutes until the cheese melts. Adjust the seasoning to your liking.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serve immediately with pasta, steamed veggies or mashed potatoes.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Chicken recipes
- Cuisine: International