Roasted garlic Hummus tastes radically different than classic hummus. It is so flavorful! A perfect vegan appetizer that will be ready in 10 minutes.
Looking for a healthy, more filling and way more satisfying alternative to the chips and snacks? Try to make your own hummus, it’s ridiculously simple. This tangy creamy dip is a quick and healthy snack, easy and quick to make and is usually a party favorite. If you want to try something more piquant, here is the roasted garlic hummus recipe which you will surely make over and over again.
Have you ever roasted garlic before? If the answer is no, you definitely need to do it. As soon as the smell fills your house you’ll know why so many people love it. First of all, roasting kills the hot flavor and peculiar smell of the garlic. The cloves turn into creamy, buttery and sweet mass which is a delicious compliment that enlivens the flavor of almost any dish. Together with chickpeas and lemon juice, roasted garlic brings out its rich nutty flavor, but at the same time, it is not overwhelming . It tastes just delicious and is definitely worth it.
Roasted garlic hummus is very simple once you get all the ingredients at hand. Roasted garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, and tahini are just blended with chickpeas in a food processor. After hummus reaches a perfect thick creamy consistency it’s ready to be served.
The same as traditional one, roasted garlic hummus can be served with any kind of bread, homemade pita chips, crunchy veggie dippers or fresh vegetables like carrot sticks, celery or bell peppers. Good and tasty way to increase your daily vegetable intake.
Hummus can be prepared in advance and kept in the fridge up to two days in an airtight container. Just reheat it before serving or serve cold. For a bit more color and flavor sprinkle the dish with minced parsley and smoked paprika and enjoy your fresh flavorful snack.
ROASTED GARLIC HUMMUS RECIPE
- Chickpeas ( drained & rinsed)- 1 can 15 oz
- Tahini paste- 2 tbsp.
- Garlic heads- 2
- Labneh/ Greek yogurt- 1 tbsp.
- Lemon juice- 3 tbsp.
- Extra- virgin olive oil- ¼ cup
- Roasted cumin seeds- 1 tsp.
- Salt -to taste
- Red chili flakes- ½ tsp.
- Fresh parsley ( finely chopped)- 1 tsp.
- Preheat your oven to 350 F or 180 C.
- Place the garlic heads on a small baking dish, cover with foil & roast until the garlic cloves are soft. It will take 40 minutes up to 1 hour. Open foil and allow to cool.
- Place all the ingredients ( the chickpeas, tahini, labneh, lemon juice, roasted garlic, cumin seeds & olive oil) in a food processor & process until smooth.*
- Season with salt , transfer to a serving platter.
- Sprinkle red chili flakes on the top, drizzle olive oil & garnish with the chopped parsley.
A food processor.
Serve with pita bread, fresh vegetables or grill.
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images & content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you wanna to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation & hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
ROASTED GARLIC HUMMUS RECIPE
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE