Hibachi Shrimp Fried Rice is an easy and quick restaurant-style Hibachi fried rice. It tastes like the dish from your favorite Japanese steakhouse! Ready in 30 minutes.
For the Hibachi Fried Rice:
- Uncooked shrimp ( peeled and deveined)-1 lb ( 500 g)
- Creole seasoning- 1 teaspoon
- Garlic powder- 1 teaspoon
- Salt and black pepper- as needed
- Oil- 2 tablespoons
- Onion (finely diced)- 1
- Garlic cloves (minced)-4
- Frozen veggies (thawed)-2 cups
- Eggs ( slightly beaten)-2
- Cooked and chilled rice ( basmati or jasmine)-4 cups
- Low sodium soy sauce-3 tablespoons
- Oyster sauce- 1 tablespoon
- Rice vinegar- 1 tablespoon
- Toasted sesame oil- 2 tablespoons
- Green onions ( sliced) for garnish if desired
For The Yum Yum Sauce:
Yum Yum sauce Click HERE
- In a medium bowl mix the shrimp, creole seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Let marinate for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shrimp to the hot skillet and arrange them in a single layer. Cook for 2 minutes, about 1 minute per side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- In the same skillet cook onion until translucent, then add the garlic and cook further for 40 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add the veggies and cook for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Reduce the heat to low medium. Push the veggies to the side and pour the beaten eggs into the skillet. Scramble until fully cooked.
- Add in the cooked rice. Cook until the rice starts to soften.
- In a small bowl mix together soy sauce, oyster sauce, rice vinegar and toasted sesame oil. Pour the mixture over rice, mix and cook further for 2 minutes to heat the sauce through the rice.
- Garnish with green onions and top with the cooked shrimp.
- Serve immediately with yum yum sauce and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: Fried rice recipes
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Calories: 531kcal
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 2222mg
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 39g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 24g
- Cholesterol: 190mg
Keywords: fried rice, hibachi, yum yum sauce,rice