This spinach stuffed chicken is so easy to make. Ricotta cheese, feta cheese and sauteed spinach are hidden inside of this delicious, juicy stuffed chicken.
The Best way to enjoy a Spinach stuffed Chicken Meal
Did you know there are endless and unique techniques to cook chicken? To those who are always curious to learn new techniques, this isn’t a shock. However, if you thought that your ordinary preparation technique is the only way, then you need more time in the kitchen. And from these unique techniques, like cooking the spinach stuffed chicken, how well you incorporate one of them into your cooking routine qualifies you to be the professional chef you always dreamt of becoming.
So, are you ready to learn this game-changing method of cooking your chicken? Well, for starters, this meal, as the name describes, is chicken that has been stuffed with a filling made of spinach. Thereby, the main ingredients that will be required as the primary are chicken breasts (skinless and boneless), 1 kg fresh Spinach, 200 gm low fat feta cheese, 200 gm ricotta, and fried garlic.
With the ingredients ready, it’s time for the best moment: sweet filling preparation. Who doesn’t enjoy cream cheese, and ricotta? I like it, and I guess, so do you. Well, in this meal, you will prepare a filling made of this flavorful creams, and top up the goodness with fresh frozen vegetable flavor of spinach. To do this, take a medium-sized bowl and pour in the fresh spinach, low fat feta cheese, ricotta, and the fried garlic. Add some salt to taste into the bowl, and thoroughly stir this mixture. Store it under refrigeration while it is covered by a kitchen cloth.
Now with that done, you should prepare the chicken breasts. Pierce them cautiously to develop structures that resembles pockets within them. It is in this pockets that the filling will be stuffed. If you can’t figure out how to cut the pocket-like structure, here’s a tip. Place the chicken breasts flat on a surface and place a hardened equipment on top. Cut the side of the chicken in between the surface and the equipment without going past either of the sides, and don’t cut through. And your chicken is now ready for stuffing.
Carefully stuff each pocket with this spinach-cheese mixture.
With a standby oven that has been preheated to 450o F, place the skillet inside to bake your spinach-stuffed chicken breasts for about half an hour. But yet, the amount of time you cook the breast in the oven will depend with their thickness. If they are very thick, you can cook for additional five minutes. You can as well cook until you can’t see any juices oozing out of it when you poke the chicken. It is now time to get it out of the oven, and enjoy with friends and family!!!!
HOW TO MAKE SPINACH STUFFED CHICKEN
- Fresh spinach- 800 gm
- Chicken breast- 4
- Low fat Feta cheese-200 gm
- Ricotta cheese- 200 gm
- Garlic cloves(finely chopped)- 2-3
- Olive oil- 6-7 tbsp
- Italian seasoning- 1 tbsp
- Salt- to taste
- Black pepper-to taste
- Fresh parsley( chopped)- 1 tbsp
- In a large skillet/pan heat some olive oil. Add the chopped garlic and fry until browned ( 1-2 minutes).
- Add cleaned spinach and toss to coat. Cook 3-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool
- Using your hands, squeeze out as much liquid from the spinach as possible.
- FILLING FOR SPINACH STUFFED CHICKEN
- In a large bowl combine ricotta with feta cheese. Add some Italian spices & spinach. Mix well.
- Divide the filling into 4 equal parts.
- Cut a pocket into each chicken breast. ( Insert the knife at the thicker edge of the breast and slowly work it into the breast. Don't pierce through the meat).
- Stuff each pocket with the spinach-cheese mixture. Generously brush with olive oil & season with some salt and pepper.
- Preheat your oven to 450 F / 225 C.
- Transfer the spinach stuffed chicken to the baking dish/ skillet. Bake 30 minutes, occasionally brushing with olive oil.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
a large bowl, a skillet/a baking dish