- Fresh spinach- 800 gm
- Chicken breast- 4
- Low fat Feta cheese-200 gm
- Ricotta cheese- 200 gm
- Garlic cloves(finely chopped)- 2-3
- Olive oil- 6-7 tbsp
- Italian seasoning- 1 tbsp
- Salt- to taste
- Black pepper-to taste
- Fresh parsley( chopped)- 1 tbsp
- In a large skillet/pan heat some olive oil. Add the chopped garlic and fry until browned ( 1-2 minutes).
- Add cleaned spinach and toss to coat. Cook 3-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool
- Using your hands, squeeze out as much liquid from the spinach as possible.
- FILLING FOR SPINACH STUFFED CHICKEN
- In a large bowl combine ricotta with feta cheese. Add some Italian spices & spinach. Mix well.
- Divide the filling into 4 equal parts.
- Cut a pocket into each chicken breast. ( Insert the knife at the thicker edge of the breast and slowly work it into the breast. Don't pierce through the meat).
- Stuff each pocket with the spinach-cheese mixture. Generously brush with olive oil & season with some salt and pepper.
- Preheat your oven to 450 F / 225 C.
- Transfer the spinach stuffed chicken to the baking dish/ skillet. Bake 30 minutes, occasionally brushing with olive oil.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
a large bowl, a skillet/a baking dish
- Category: Chicken recipes/Meat
- Cuisine: Internatinal