This luscious creamy Malai chicken curry is perfect for the mild spice lovers. It is really fantastic and easy to make.One of my favorite Indian curries.Wish to cook finger licking Malai Chicken for your family? If you are nodding a yes, then let’s walk our way together to improve our way of handling the raw chicken.
All you chicken lovers put your hands up! Don’t we all just love chicken, don’t we? Well, put your hands down, because this one is especially for all you out there. Today’s special is Malai Chicken, as always, I am going to share those crucial must to know tips about how to cook this delicious dish. I won’t just tell you what’s to keep in mind while cooking Malai Chicken.
Here, I am going to provide a list of what goes before and after cooking chicken as well. So no more waiting around, here you go with everything there is to know about Malai Chicken.
The dish which I am going to talk about here is a delight for every non-vegetarian, right? So, I am going to share few simple ways to enhance the taste of an ordinary Malai Chicken dish.
Before you start to cook the Malai Chicken:
- Firstly, you need to refrigerate the raw chicken as soon as you get chicken. You should never leave it bare outside. You must know that the raw chicken on a counter top at room temperature is prone to get infected easily.
- Packaged raw fresh chicken should find its place in refrigerator. It is advised to bring out chicken only when you are going to cook it.
- A packed frozen is safe and will maintain its top quality in your home’s freezer for up to one year.
- You should thaw the chicken in the refrigerator itself and not on the counter top. One way is to dip the chicken in the cold water. Note that, it takes around 24 hours approximately to thaw a four pound chicken in a refrigerator.
- Chicken can also be safely thawed in cold water. For this, you need to place the chicken in its original wrapping or water in tight plastic bag. Do not forget to change water on a regular basis. This way you can maintain the freshness of the chicken.
- You can also use the microwave to thaw raw or cooked chicken. The thawing time reduces in case you opt for using a microwave.
- Do not let the chicken freeze as it will affect it and reduce the tenderness of chicken. It is so because the frozen chicken develops a layer of moisture on it.
- One of the most important tips is to always wash your hands, the counter tops, cutting boards, and utensils used in preparing the raw chicken. Make sure to use soapy water and then with clean water before it comes in contact with the other cooked or raw foods.
While You’re Cooking the Malai Chicken
- Let’s get back to the special dish, for today it is the Malai Chicken. You should always cook the chicken well enough, not medium and not even rare. It is important that you use a meat thermometer. Make sure that the internal temperature of the thermometer reaches 165ºF. On doing so, you can enjoy a well cooked chicken meal.
- To confirm the doneness of the chicken, you need to pierce the chicken with a fork. See, if the juices run clear and the chicken is not pink anymore. Also, ensure that on inserting a fork; if it goes with utmost ease. Once you are able to pass through these simple chicken tests; then just relax, be assured that the chicken comes out well.
- Please note that marinating plays a big role here. Always keep the two marinades aside. One which you will be using on the raw chicken and other for Malai chicken. Avoid using the same marinate that is kept for basting the chicken.
- While cooking, make sure that chicken gets brown by giving it abundant space to absorb the heat.
After You Cook the Malai Chicken
- Cooked and cut-up chicken always remains to be at its best. This is possible only when it’s refrigerated for not more than two days. And the whole cooked chicken will tastes good for an extra day and not more.
- Have a plan to consume the leftovers and then you need to reheat the Malai Chicken. This reminds me to tell that you need to cover the dish to keep the moisture intact. I personally make sure that the chicken heats up all the way through. You need to bring the gravy of the Malai Chicken to a rolling boil right before you serve it.
- In case you have to transport the Malai Chicken, then you need to carefully put it in an insulated container. Alternatively, you can use an ice
Chest until and keep it safe you are ready to relish it. You also need to make sure that the temperature of the dish should be above 140ºF or below 40ºF.
As, we all know that, there are never enough recipes for chicken, but Malai Chicken is one that once made and relished, makes it to the most favorite list for sure. Recipe can be fulfilling only when the ingredients are available. Similarly, Malai Chicken can be enjoyed thoroughly only if the chicken is perfectly cooked. Make sure to follow these tips while cooking the oh-so-delicious Malai Chicken. Bon Appetite!
HOW TO MAKE SMOKED MALAI CHICKEN
- Chicken- 1 kg
- Yogurt- 1 cup
- Walnuts- 4 tbsp
- Condensed milk- ¼ cup
- Garlic paste-1 tbsp
- Onions - 2-3 medium
- Garam Masala-1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
- Lemon juice- 3 tbsp
- Red chili powder- 1 tsp
- Coconut milk powder- 2 tbsp
- Butter- 3-4 tbsp
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Salt -To Taste
- Fresh cilantro leaves( finely chopped)- 2 tbsp
- Walnut milk
- In a food processor beat walnuts with condensed milk.
- Put yogurt, garlic paste, garam masala,turmeric powder, lemon juice, red chili powder and salt to a large bowl. Add also walnut-milk. Combine well.
- Add chicken to this marinade, coat well and allow to marinate for at least 10-15 minutes.
- In the meanwhile chop onions well in a food processor with chopper attachment.
- In a medium saucepan put butter and pour vegetable oil. Heat it. Now it is time to add the chopped onions. Fry until they become golden brown color.
- Transfer the marinated chicken, coconut powder to the saucepan with onions, cover and cook on medium heat 20-25 minutes,or until chicken is done.
- Now let's smoke this fantastic malai chicken curry.
- Burn some coal on the stove. Take a piece of foil and place inside the saucepan with chicken.
- Transfer the burned coal onto the foil.
- Pour a few drops of butter over the coal and cover immediately. After 10-15 minutes remove the coal.
- Garnish with with fresh cilantro leaves.
- Serve with Indian naan, roti or plain rice.