This thick Creamy White Chicken Chili is the BEST soup recipe ever! It is very hearty, packed with so many flavors, set and forget slow cooker chicken soup. It is such a good alternative to traditional Mexican beef chili. You’ll definitely gonna love it!
I am obsessed with Tex-Mex vibrant and tasty cuisine. You might have tried some recipes like Chicken Fajitas, Guacamole, Pico de Galo, Enchiladas, Nacho cheese sauce. These dishes are fantastic! Today I am going to share my favorite recipe for the most hearty, satisfying Tex-Mex soup- White Chili Chicken.
Ingredients for White Chicken Chili
To make this easy creamy white chicken chili soup, you will need.
- Chicken: I used chicken breasts, but any cut of a bird will work.
- Beans: I typically use 2 cans (15 oz) of white beans for this soup. Both navy beans and Great northern beans belong to the white beans category and they are interchangeable. Don’t have white beans? Use Great Northern beans or navy beans.
- Chicken broth: Vegetable broth and even beef can be used as well. If you don’t have any broth on hand, dissolve 1 ½ chicken bouillon cube in 3 cups of water.
- Onion and garlic: They add aroma and flavors. Don’t have time to chop onion and garlic, use garlic & onion powders (1 1/2 tsp of garlic powder and 1 1/2 tsp of onion powder).
- Green Chilies: I used 1/3 cup of sliced jalapeños. If you don’t like the heat, buy 1 can (7 0z) of mild green chilies.
- Cumin powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper, dried oregano, red chili are the perfect blend for this soup.
- Whole kernel corn can be substituted with frozen corn.
- Low fat cream cheese: Use cream cheese or sour cream.
- Half and Half: It helps to thicken the soup, adding the creamy texture and less calories than cooking cream.
- Corn starch: I really like thick white chicken chili and always add 1-2 tbsp. of cornstarch dissolved in half and half.
- Fresh cilantro: If you don’t like cilantro, substitute with parsley or leave it.
- Toppings: Top with some sliced/diced avocados, fresh cilantro, fresh diced tomatoes, corn, tortilla strips, grated Monterey jack cheese, sour cream and jalapeños if you crave something spicier.
How to Make the Best White Chicken Chili
- Combine ingredients. In your crock Pot combine together beans, onion, garlic, chicken stock, whole kernel corn and spices. Cover and cook on “LOW”for 8 hours or on “HIGH” for 3-4 hours.
- Shred the chicken. Remove chicken from the crock pot and shred. Return to crock pot.
- Thickening the soup. Add cream cheese, corn starch and half and half. Cover and cook on “HIGH” for 15 minutes.
Can I freeze White Chicken Chili?
This soup freezes really well for up to 1 months with some adjustments.
Don’t add cream and half & half if you plan to freeze it otherwise after defrosting the soup will have a grainy texture. You can add cream cheese and half & half when reheating.
How to Store this soup?
Chicken Chili can be stored in an airtight container for 5-7 days.
Try these soup recipes.
|Instant Pot Lentil Soup|
|Instant Pot Split Pea Soup|
|Cream of Mushroom Soup|
|Turkish Lentil soup|
If you like this White Chicken Chili be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating!
HOW TO MAKE WHITE CHICKEN CHILI SOUPPrint
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
OTHER CHICKEN RECIPES