- Savoiardi ( lady fingers)- 500 gm
- Mascapone- 500 gm
- Large eggs- 2, separated
- Cacao- 60 gm
- Sugar- 50 gm
- Coffee Espresso-300 ml
- Fresh cream- 500 ml
- Marsala- 1 tbsp
- Put the egg yolks and half of the sugar in a bowl. Place it over the pan with simmering water. Beat with your hand until tripled in volume and sugar is dissolved. Do not stop beating until removed from the heat.
- Beat in mascapone to yolk mixture until combined. Add Marsala and 1 tbsp of coffee Espresso.Mix well. Allow yolk- mascapone mixture to cool completely.
- In a clean bowl (with the whisk attachment) whip the egg whites until foamy. Gradually add the remaining sugar. Continue beating till stiff peaks.
- Whip the cream till soft peaks. ( Make sure the cream is very cold , chill also the bowl in the freezer.) It will help the cream whip quickly.
- Gently fold the whipped cream in egg whites.
- Now gently combine yolk-mascapone mixture with the whipped cream .
- ASSEMBLE TIRAMISU
- Dip Savoiardi( lady fingers) into the coffee and line the bottom of your square dish.
- Spread half of the mascapone filling over the Savoiardi.
- Dust generously with cocoa.
- Dip the remaining Savoiardi into the coffee and make a second layer.
- Top with the remaining Mascapone cream and dust again with Cocoa.
- Cover with plastic and refrigerate at least 7-8 hours.
- You can store Tiramisu up to 2 days in the fridge.
- Serve with grated chocolate and fresh mint leaves.
TIRAMISU WITHOUT CREAM
You can replace cream with egg whites;
6 eggs( separated), 120 gm sugar, Savoiardi 500 gm, Mascapone 500 gm, cacao 60 gm, coffee espresso 300 ml.
A 23 cm/ 9-inch square dish
- Category: Cakes/Dessert
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 492
- Sugar: 29 gm
- Sodium: 148 mg
- Fat: 31 gm
- Saturated Fat: 18 gm
- Carbohydrates: 42.5 gm
- Cholesterol: 291 mg