Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Chicken Breasts is a great way to use your favorite dip and turn it into a delicious chicken dinner meal!Tender chicken breasts stuffed with a spinach artichoke dip, pan seared until golden brown and smothered in a fantastic creamy sauce!
- Chicken breasts ( skinless & boneless)- 2 pounds (1 kg)
- Italian seasoning- 2 tablespoons
- Paprika- 2 teaspoons
- Salt and pepper- to taste
SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP:
- Cooked spinach- 5 oz (150 g)
- Light cream cheese ( at room temp)- 8 oz (250 gm)
- Canned or bottled artichoke hearts in brine ( finely chopped)-6 oz ( 170 g)
- Mozzarella cheese ( shredded)- 1/2 cup
- Fresh grated Parmesan cheese- 1/2 cup
- Garlic cloves ( minced)- 4 or 1 tablespoon
- Remaining spinach artichoke dip
- Half and half- 1 cup
- Salt and ground black pepper- to taste
For the Spinach Artichoke Dip:
- In a medium bowl combine spinach (squeeze all the excess liquid of the spinach and get rid of it before adding), artichoke, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, cream cheese and garlic. Keep aside.
For the Chicken:
- Place chicken breasts on the cutting board and season both sides with Italian seasoning, paprika , ground pepper and salt. Put your hand on the top of the breast and carefully cut a slit, about 3/4 of the way through. Make sure not to cut all the way through!
- Stuff each breast with two tablespoons of the spinach artichoke filling. Keep aside the remaining dip for the creamy sauce.
- Use 2-3 toothpicks to seal the opening, this will keep the filling inside while cooking.
- In a large pan heat two tablespoons of vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Once it is hot, add the stuffed chicken breasts and sear until golden brown on both sides, about 7-8 minutes per side. Cook the chicken covered. Transfer to a plate.
For the Cream Sauce:
- In the same pan combine the remaining spinach artichoke dip. You should have enough left to make the sauce. Cook until the sauce is thick. Return the cooked chicken into the pan. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: Chicken recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 483 kcal
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 103 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 56 g
- Cholesterol: 168 mg
Keywords: spinach artichoke stuffed chicken, stuffed chicken breasts, chicken recipes