Succulent, flavorful and delicious SOĞAN KEBABI will melt in your mouth and the pomegranate sauce tastes so good with these Turkish meatballs (kofte) in onions. Meat cravers must try!
This dish originated from the Gaziantep region , that is very close to the Syrian border. It is a perfect recipe for winters as onion has the ability to absorb bacteria and will protect you against flue and cold.
WHAT GOES IN SOĞAN KEBABI
You will need only 4 ingredients to prepare this mouth-watering Turkish delicacy.
- Minced meat
- Black pepper
- Pomegranate sauce
Get a handkerchief to wipe your tears and let's get start.
HOW TO MAKE SOĞAN KEBABIPrint
TURKISH SOĞAN KEBABI
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 4
Succulent, flavorful and delicious SOĞAN KEBABI will melt in your mouth and the pomegranate sauce tastes so good with these Turkish meatballs (kofte) in onions.
- FOR KEBABI
- Minced lamb- 200 gm or 0.4 lbs
- Minced beef- 200 gm or 0.4 lbs
- Ground black pepper- 1 tsp.
- Salt- 1 ½ tsp. or to taste
- Onion - 1 kg or 2.2 lbs
- FOR THE POMEGRANATE SAUCE
- Pomegranate sauce - ¼ cup
- Water- 4 tbsp.
- Preheat your oven to 450 F (230 C) with the rack in the middle of the oven.
- In a medium bowl combine the minced lamb, beef, ground black pepper and salt. Make medium-sized balls and flatten slightly. Keep aside.
- Wash the onion and cut the tops off of each onion, leaving most of the skins on the onions.
- Make a slit down the onion but not cutting half.
- Place meat balls inside the onions and arrange them in a cast iron round pan/ tray; then drizzle with olive oil, place in the oven an bake 40-45 minutes.
- Mix the pomegranate sauce with water. Remove the dish from the oven and pour the sauce over it. Bake another 10-15 minutes. Take the dish from the oven and serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Main/Meat recipes
- Cuisine: Turkish
Keywords: sogan kebab, kebab recipes, meat recipes
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
OTHER MEAT RECIPES
Leave a Reply