Buttery sautéed mushrooms are a delicious and flavorful side dish. They are a great addition to any roast, steaks, soups and steamed rice.
- Unsalted Butter- 2 tablespoons
- Onion (finely chopped)-1
- Mushrooms- 1.3 lbs (600 g)
- Lemon juice- 2-3 tablespoons
- Ground black pepper- 1 teaspoon
- Garlic cloves (finely chopped)- 4
- Fresh parsley (chopped)- 2 tablespoons
- Salt- to taste.
- Melt the butter in a large non stick pan over medium high heat.
- Once the butter is hot, add the chopped onion and saute until translucent, about 2 minutes, add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes until golden.
- Add the lemon juice and season with ground black pepper and cook for 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Finally add garlic, parsley and salt. Cook for a further 30 seconds or until garlic fragrant.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Side dishes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 167 kcal
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 10 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 30 mg
Keywords: sauteed mushrooms, mushrooms, garlic mushrooms