This ultimate, mouthwatering Red Pepper Hummus Platter is perfect for your Holiday Celebrations. A healthy and easy to make side dish!
- Garbanzo beans ( chick peas, drained)- 1 can/ 400 gm
- Red peppers ( roasted) -2
- Garlic cloves ( roasted) -6
- Fresh lemon juice - 3 tbsp.
- Tahini paste- 2 tbsp.
- White pepper- 1/ 4 tsp.
- FOR GARNISHING
- Black sesame seeds- as needed
- Red chilli paste- 1 tbsp. or as needed
- Olive oil- as needed
- Preheat your oven to 220 C / 430 F with the rack in the middle.
- Wash the red peppers and then cut them in half lengthwise, scoop out all the seeds and membranes and put them cut side down on a baking tray that has been lined with foil. Place 1 garlic head on the same tray.
- Roast the peppers and garlic head for 20 minutes, then allow them to cool for about 20-30 minutes.
- When they are cool enough, peel off the skins and discard them.
- Place all the ingredients ( garbanzo beans, roasted red peppers, roasted garlic cloves, lemon juice, tahini paste, white pepper , salt ( only if needed)) in a food processor and process until the mixture is smooth and slightly fluffy.
- Scrape the hummus off the sides of food processor in between pulses.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and refrigerate for an hour.
- Serve with pita bread, corn chips or fresh vegetables. Before serving, drizzle with olive oil, garnish with red chilli paste and black sesame seeds.
* If the hummus is too thick, add more water, a tablespoon at a time, until you reach the desired consistency.
- Category: Sauces and Dips
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern