One pot creamy Chicken and Tortellini is a quick and easy to make dinner recipe. It is packed with crispy pan-seared chicken cutlets, spinach and tortellini, all in a creamy garlic parmesan sauce. Ready in about 30 minutes!
- Chicken breasts (sliced in half horizontally)-3
- Black pepper and salt-to taste
- All-purpose flour- 1/4 cup
- Garlic powder-1 teaspoon
- Vegetable oil- 2 tablespoons
- Small onion (finely chopped)- 1
- Garlic cloves (minced)- 1 tablespoon
- Italian seasoning-1 teaspoon
- Chicken stock- 1 3/4 cup
- Spinach and ricotta tortellini (fresh or frozen)- 1 pound (500 g)
- Heavy cream- 1 cup
- Fresh grated Parmesan cheese- 1/2 cup
- Baby spinach -4 cups
- Juice of one lemon
- Pat dry the chicken and season with salt and black pepper.
- Combine the flour, garlic powder and a pinch of salt in a shallow bowl. Dredge each chicken fillet in the flour mixture, pressing to adhere.
- In a large 11-inch ( 30 cm) skillet heat vegetable oil over medium high heat. When the oil is hot, add the chicken and cook until golden brown , about 10 minutes (5 minutes per side). Transfer to a plate.
- In the same skillet saute onion until translucent ( you might need to add an extra tablespoon of oil). Then add garlic and cook further for 40 seconds or until fragrant. Pour in the chicken stock and add the Italian seasoning. Bring to a simmer. Add the tortellini and cook for 2 minutes. Pour in the cream and add the parmesan. Stir gently until the cheese melted. Finally add the spinach, reduce the heat to low and cover the skillet with the lid. Cook further for 1-2 minutes or until the spinach wilts. Drizzle with lemon juice and adjust seasoning to your liking.
- Return the chicken fillets back to the skillet and simmer for 1-2 minutes or until warmed through.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: Pasta recipes
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 546 kcal
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 881 mg
- Fat: 32 g
- Saturated Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 39 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 40 g
- Cholesterol: 56 mg
Keywords: chicken and tortellini, chicken breast, chicken, pasta