The best dry pancake mix that you can store in your pantry for use later. Make fluffy, tasty, mouthwatering pancakes anytime you want!
- 4 cups all-purpose or plain flour, (580 grams | 20 oz)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, ( 120 grams| 4 oz)
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
To Prepare Pancakes
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or melted butter
- 1 medium egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for pancake mix. Store in a large airtight container at room temperature.
To Make Pancakes
- Preheat a nonstick pan or griddle over medium heat and wipe over with a little vegetable oil or butter to lightly grease the pan.
- For every 1 cup of pancake mix, whisk 3/4 cup milk, 1 medium egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 2 tablespoons oil or melted butter (cooled). The batter will be thick and creamy in consistency. If the batter is runny, add 3-4 tablespoons pancake mix.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the pan and spread out into a round shape with the back of your cup.
- When bubbles start to form on top of pancakes, flip with a spatula and cook further until golden. Repeat with the remaining batter. 1 cup of pancakes mix makes about 5-6 pancakes.
- Serve with honey, maple syrup, ice cream or enjoy plain!
- Blueberry Pancakes: To make blueberry pancakes, all you need to do is drop fresh blueberries into the batter.
- Chocolate Chip Pancakes: For chocolate chip pancakes, add chocolate chips (milk or dark chocolate is fine, depending on your own preference) into the batter.
- Banana Pancakes: If you have kids who love bananas, you can throw some mashed bananas into the batter before cooking the pancakes.
- Syrup Ideas: Want to branch out from maple syrup? How about blueberry syrup, or some sweet, sticky strawberry sauce?
- Cinnamon Butter: When it’s time to serve, sweeten things up by serving the pancakes topped with cinnamon butter and maple syrup.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Pancake recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 810kcal
- Sugar: 18g
- Sodium: 1002mg
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 172g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 21g
Keywords: homemade pancake mix, pancake mix, fluffy pancake recipe,