- Paccheri pasta- 500 gm/1 lb
- Lamb ( minced)- 500 gm/ 1 lb
- Olive oil- 4 tbsp.
- Cherry tomatoes ( quartered)- 600 gm
- Tomato passata- 2 cups
- Onion ( finely chopped) -1
- Garlic cloves ( finely chopped)- 2
- Carrot ( very finely chopped) - 1
- Dried rosemary- 1 tsp.
- Dried thyme- 1/4 tsp.
- Bay leaf- 1
- Black pepper- to taste
- Salt- to taste
- FOR SERVING
- Grated Parmesan cheese- as needed
- Basil/ mint leaves- 1 tbsp.
- Heat olive oil in a casserole, add minced lamb an fry until golden.
- Add in the chopped onion, mix and cook another 5 minutes.
- Peel the carrot, chop its ends, cut it into smaller pieces and chop in a food processor. Add it to the casserole, mix and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Add cherry tomatoes, salt, bay leaf, garlic, rosemary and thyme. Slowly cook down until they start to fall apart, for about 10-15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and add tomato passata. Cover and cook 20-25 minutes over low heat. Garnish with basil leaves.
- Once ragu is ready, cook the paccheri in salted boiling water for 8–10 minutes, or until al dente.
- Serve paccheri pasta with ragu and Parmesan cheese immediately.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Pasta recipes
- Cuisine: Italian