A skillet Lemon Garlic Roast Chicken is juicy, tender inside and crispy on the outside.
- Whole chicken (giblets & neck removed)-1 .5 kg /3.3 pound
- Garlic cloves ( cut into slivers)- 6
- Olive oil- 1/2 cup
- Chicken broth/stock-1/2 cup
- Italian seasoning- 1 tsp.
- Lemon (halved)-1
- Dried rosemary - 1 tsp.
- Salt for seasoning chicken
- Ground black pepper- 1/2 tsp. or to taste
- Red onion ( quartered)-1
- Head of garlic ( roughly peeled & cut horizontally through the middle crosswise)-1
- Preheat your oven to 450°F/232°C.
- Remove giblets from inside of the cavity, trim any excess fat or leftover feathers and pat chicken dry all over with paper towel.
- Pierce chicken ( cut small slits) with a small sharp knife, about 12 slits, then push garlic slivers into the chicken, making sure they went inside of the chicken completely.
- In a medium bowl combine olive oil, chicken stock, Italian seasoning and juice of half of the lemon. Keep aside.
- Place chicken breast side up into the roasting pan/ skillet and season generously with salt and pepper. Sprinkle dried rosemary over the chicken.
- Stuff the chicken's cavity with the garlic head and the lemon halve. Truss the chicken (tie legs together with kitchen string).
- Pour the olive oil-lemon mixture over the chicken, arrange the onion quarters around it and season them with salt.
- Roast until chicken develops golden brown color, then reduce the temperature to 350°F/77°C. Roast and bast from time to time until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165˚F and juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a knife.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes,for juices to redistribute evenly.
- Serve with pan juices.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour 10 mins
- Category: Chicken recipes
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: roast chicken, lemon chicken, chicken recipes