This Lemon Chicken Piccata is a simple, quick, classic dish but it is super impressive and my go-to dinner! Tender chicken breasts dredged in Pecorino cheese and flour, fried until golden and topped with delicious buttery and lemony sauce. This dish comes in no time and will impress your friends and guests!
- Chicken breasts ( halved horizontally to make 4)- 2
- Corn starch - 2 tbsp.
- Pecorino romano cheese ( fresh grated)-2 tbsp. + 1/4 cup for serving
- Ground black pepper- 1/2 tsp.
- Salt- 1/2 tsp.
- Olive oil 2 tbsp.
- Butter- 3 tbsp.
- Garlic cloves ( finely chopped)-4-5
- Chicken stock- 1 1/4 cup
- Lemon juice- 2 tbsp.
- Carpers ( rinsed)- 2 tbsp.
- Fresh parsley ( chopped)- 2 tbsp.
- Combine the cornstarch, 2 tbsp of grated Pecorino cheese and black pepper in a medium shallow bowl, then coat each piece of chicken with the flour mixture, shake off excess flour. Keep aside.
- Melt 2 tbsp. of butter in a large skillet and add 2 tbsp. of olive oil.Put the chicken into the skillet and fry on each side 7-8 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add 1 tbsp. of butter and the garlic and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant but browned.
- Pour in the chicken stock, bring to a boil and cook 2-3 minutes, the stir in lemon juice and carpers. Cook another 2 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately with mashed potatoes, veggies or pasta.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Chicken recipes
- Cuisine: Italian