Instant Pot Creamy Tuscan chicken is an easy, comforting and amazingly delicious chicken meal. Tender and juicy chicken thighs are swimming in a creamy sauce loaded with sun-dried tomatoes, fresh spinach and Parmesan cheese.
- Sun dried tomato oil- 2 tbsp
- Small chicken thighs (skinless)- 500 gm / 1.1 lbs
- Onion powder- 1 tsp.
- Garlic powder- 1 tsp.
- Salt -1 /2 tsp.
- Italian seasoning- 1 tsp.
- Cracked black pepper- 1 tsp.
- Sun dried tomatoes ( cut into strips)- 2-3 tbsp.
- Heavy cream- 1 cup
- Sour cream- 3 tbsp.
- Water -3 tbsp.
- Fresh spinach ( trimmed)- 4 cups.
- Parmesan cheese (fresh grated)- 1/2 cup
- Trim excess fat from chicken thighs.
- Season with salt, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, onion powder and pepper.
- Turn on your Instant Pot, then choose the "saute" function and set time for 4 minutes. Once the pot is hot, add sun dried tomatoes oil to the steel pot.
- Add chicken thighs skin side down and saute for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned*. Stir in the sun dried tomatoes and cook another minute to release their flavours. Press "cancel" button.
- In a small bowl mix together heavy cream , water and sour cream.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken thighs, add spinach and a pinch of salt.
- Close lid, set the valve to "sealing" position and press "pressure cooker", setting time -/+ to 3 minutes.Press "cancel" once the Instant Pot finished cooking. Allow natural pressure release for 5-10 min.
- Open the lid, add the Parmesan cheese immediately for the cheese to melt through the sauce.
- Serve with Instant Pot Jasmine rice, brown rice or mashed potatoes.
* The longer you saute the chicken thighs and make brown bits on the bottom of the pot, the more flavorful the creamy sauce will be.
** It takes less than 10 min to prepare this meal. The recipe calls for SMALL thighs. If you plan to use medium thighs the cooking time should be increased. I recommend to saute medium or large thighs for 4 minutes per side ( 8 min) before pressure cooking.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Instant Pot chicken recipes
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Tuscan chicken, creamy tuscan chicken, chicken recipes, instant pot tuscan chicken