- All-purpose flour- 1 3/4 cup
- Apples ( peeled & thinly sliced)-1 kg/ 2 1/4 lb
- Grapes/ blackberries- 1 cup ( I used grapes)
- Unsalted butter-5 tbsp-70 gm
- Stale Breadcrumbs-3 tbsp
- Large eggs- 3
- Caster sugar-3/4 cup, plus extra for dusting
- Milk- 2/3 cup or 150 ml
- Baking powder-1 1/4 tsp
- Rind of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat your oven to 180 C/ 350 F.
- Grease a 10 inch ( 25 cm) cake tin with butter. Dust the tin with breadcrumbs.
- Take a large bowl. Beat the eggs until foamy. Gradually add the sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy.
- Fold in flour, milk,lemon rind and baking powder.
- Turn the baking tin upside down to remove extra breadcrumbs. Discard them.
- Add half the sliced apples and half the grapes to the cake mixture and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and arrange the remaining sliced apples and grapes on the top.
- Dot with the remaining butter the top of the cake ( sliced apples and grapes).
- Bake 50-55 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely,then take the cake out of the tin.
- Dust with Caster sugar.
a 25 cm ( 10 inch) cake tin
- Category: Cakes/Pies
- Cuisine: German
- Serving Size: Per portion
- Calories: 415 kcal
- Sugar: 56 g
- Sodium: 235 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Fiber: 3.6 g
- Protein: 8 g
- Cholesterol: 114 mg