Easy crepe recipe to make ultra thin, tender, delicate and buttery crepes. Made with only 6 basic ingredients, cooked to golden brown with the most buttery crisp edges and served with fresh fruits and condensed milk. Perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner!
- FOR THE BATTER
- All-purpose flour - 1 cup or 150 gm
- White sugar- 2 1/2 tbsp
- Salt- 1/2 tsp.
- Milk- 1 1/4 cup /310 ml
- Medium eggs-2
- Unsalted butter ( melted)- 4 tbsp.
- Vanilla extract- 1 tsp.
- Cooking spay ( made of butter & oil) for cooking crepes
- FOR SERVING
- Sweetened condensed milk - as needed
- Fresh fruits
- Powdered sugar
- Batter. In a large bowl whisk together flour, white sugar and salt, then create a well and pour in milk, vanilla extract, add eggs and melted butter(room temperature).
- Whisk until batter is smooth and lumps free. Batter will be runny like a light cooking cream. You might need to add 1-2 tbsp. extra milk, if the batter is not runny/watery.
- Allow the batter rest for 15-20 minutes or until it becomes slightly bubbly on top.
- Grease a small no-stick pan with a cooking spay. Alternatively, you can grease with a brush or a paper towel.
- Give a good stir to the batter.
- Cooking crepes.Holding a handle of your pan with your left hand, add about 1/3 cup of the batter into the center of your pan. Quickly tilt/ twirl the pan in all directions to run batter all over the bottom of the pan in a very thin layer. This process takes not more than 2-3 seconds.
- Cook for 60 seconds. Using a spatula, lift its edges to see if the under side is golden brown.
- Gently flip crepe using 2 spatulas and cook until lightly brown on other side, about 30 seconds.
- Slide the crepe onto a plate, grease a pan again with butter or cooking spray and repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Serve warm with fruits and condensed milk.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Crepe recipe
- Cuisine: Russian
Keywords: crepe recipes, blini, pancakes