Quick and delicious crepes made easy! This simple crepe recipe is perfect for any occasion. Get ready to indulge in a delectable treat with minimal effort.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 heaping tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup low fat milk
- 2 large egg
- 1/4 cup melted butter, (or oil)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For cooking: 1 tablespoon softened butter
For serving: berries, condensed milk, Nutella, syrup, bananas
- Make the batter: Whisk together the flour, salt, and sugar in a large bowl.
- In a measuring cup, whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients. Gently fold them into the dry mixture.
- Whisk the batter until it becomes smooth, ensuring it has a runny or watery consistency. If necessary, add 1-2 tablespoons of additional milk.
- For the blender method, place all the ingredients in a blender. Blend the mixture for approximately 10 seconds or until the batter achieves a smooth consistency.
- Rest: Allow the batter to rest while you preheat a 8-inch nonstick pan over medium heat. Alternatively, you can cover the batter and refrigerate it overnight.
- Cook: Grease the pan, using a butter-soaked paper towel or silicone brush to apply a thin layer of butter. Prior to pouring out each crepe, give the batter a gentle stir to redistribute any settled ingredients.
- Heat an 8-inch frying pan over medium-low heat. Pour approximately 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan, immediately tilting it from side to side to create a uniform circular shape. Cook for about 1 minute on each side, or until lightly browned. Remove from heat and stack the cooked pancakes until you are ready to serve. Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- Serve the crepes with your preferred toppings. Some of our favorite options include fresh fruit, condensed milk, jams, Nutella, and nuts.
Making ahead: you can make the batter up to 24 hours ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until you're ready to cook. The crepes themselves can be made up to 3 days in advance.
Storage: Place the crepes in a zip-top bag or a covered container, with parchment paper layered between each crepe. You can store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. If freezing, it's recommended to line a piece of wax paper or parchment paper between each crepe.
Reheat: You can reheat them in the microwave or on a skillet over low heat until they become warm. Alternatively, you can place them on a baking sheet in the oven at 175°F for approximately 5 minutes, or until they are warm and ready to be enjoyed.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Crepe recipe
- Cuisine: Russian
- Calories: 105 kcal
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 135 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 54 mg
Keywords: crepe recipes, blini, how to make crepes