This crusted chicken Romano has the ultra-crispy crust and phenomenal flavor. Juicy chicken cutlets are coated in a mixture of Romano cheese and panko breadcrumbs and cooked until golden brown. Ready in 30 minutes.
- 2 ( 1 pound) boneless and skinless chicken breasts, cut in half horizontally to make 4 fillets
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup fresh grated Pecorino Romano
- 4 tablespoons neutral vegetable oil like Canola
- Fresh parsley and lemon wedges for serving
- Cut each chicken breast in half horizontally to make four fillets. Cover with plastic wrap and gently pound out the chicken so that it is even, using the flat side of a meat mallet.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the flour, Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- In a separate shallow dish whisk the eggs.
- Combine the Pecorino Romano cheese and and panko bread crumbs in another separate shallow dish.
- Season chicken fillets with salt and pepper on both sides. Then use tongs or a fork to pick up one of the chicken fillets and dredge in the flour until well coated, shake off excess flour. Then place in the eggs. Lift the chicken out and allow the excess egg drip off. Finally, place in the panko mixture, pressing firmly to help the breadcrumbs adhere.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet or pan over medium high heat.
- Cook chicken in batches of two until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Don't move the chicken around as the coating may peel off of the chicken.
- Flip and continue cooking on other side until cooked through. Your chicken breasts should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serve with lemon wedges and enjoy!
Storage: You can store this chicken for 3 to 5 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. We don't recommend to stack your chicken directly on top of each other as this will make it more soggy. Place parchment paper in between the chicken fillets.
Reheat: We recommend to reheat it in the oven. Place it on a lightly greased baking rack in a baking sheet. Bake for 7-8 minutes at 400 F or until heated through.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: Chicken recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 330kcal
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 427mg
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 33g
- Cholesterol: 142mg
Keywords: chicken romano, crusted chicken romano, chicken crusted romano