- CHICKEN THIGHS
- Skin -on Chicken thighs- 8 ( medium size)
- Large garlic cloves( minced)- 3
- Roast Italian seasoning*- 1 tbsp
- Olive oil- 4 tbsp
- CHEESY CREAMY SAUCE
- Crimini Portobello mushrooms ( sliced)-300 gm
- Smoked sausage- 150-200 gm
- Half-cream- 1 cup
- Chicken stock-1 cup
- Garlic cloves( minced)- 1
- Lemon juice- 2 tbsp
- Pecorino cheese- 1/2 cup
- Ground black pepper- to taste
- Salt-to taste
- Fresh Parsley( finely chopped)- 1 tbsp
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F (220 degrees C) with rack in center of oven.
- In a small bowl mix the minced garlic , some Italian seasonings and olive oil.
- Rub with this mixture the chicken thighs to cover completely.
- In a skillet/ oven proof pan that will accommodate all the chicken thighs, sear the chicken over high heat until golden brown and crisp. It will not take more than 3 min per side.
- Cover the skillet/ pan with foil and transfer to the oven. Bake 15-20 minutes until the chicken is completely cooked.
- Once it is done, remove from the skillet and set aside fora while.
- In the same skillet fry the garlic until fragrant & slightly browned but not burned.
- Add the sliced mushrooms & the sausage. Cook another 5 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth, half cream & milk. Bring to boil.
- Add some lemon juice, black pepper, Italian spices and the Pecorino cheese. Allow to simmer until slightly thickened. Adjust salt and pepper.
- Return the chicken thighs to the skillet/pan. Cook another 2-3 minutes to let the sauce to take on the flavors.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
I used Roast seasoning "Fantasje Aromatiche".
rice, spaghetti, or vegetables.
an oven proof skillet/pan, oven
- Category: CHICKEN RECIPES
- Cuisine: INTERNATIONAL