The recipe was inspired by "Classic Recipes of Mexico" by Jane Milton
- Raw black beans-1/2 cup or 150 gm or if using canned black beans - 1 can
- Sweet corn-1 can / 225 gm
- Avocado -1 large ( finely chopped)
- Grated Rind & juice - of 2 lime
- Onion- 1 ( Jane Milton recommends Red onion in her book, I used yellow one)
- Mexican Beer- 60 ml / 4 tbsp
- Olive oil- 30 ml / 2 tbsp
- Pasado Chili- 1
- Fresh red Fresno chilies- 2
- Small bunch of coriander/known also as cilantro- finely chopped
- Leek ( chopped)- 2 tbsp
- Raw black beans:soak black beans overnight in cold water.
- Next day drain the beans and put them in a large pan. Cover with water and bring to boil. Allow them to simmer for at least 40 minutes or until cooked. Rinse them under cold running water. Drain and leave them to cool. If you plan to use canned beans, just skip this step.
- Soak the Pasado chili in hot water for 10 minutes. Drain & remove the stalk. Scrape out the seeds with a knife or fork. Chop them finely.
- Fry Fresno chilies until the skins are scorched. Cover with a clean kitchen towel or place in a plastic bag. Allow to steam in 10-15 minutes. Peel off the skins & remove the seeds.
- Chop the onion.
- In a medium bowl combine all the ingredients. Pour in lime juice, beer. Add chopped coriander & leek. Season with salt. Mix well.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate a few hours to bring out the hidden flavors.
- Category: [url href="http:https://chefjar.com/category/sauces-and-dips/"]Sauces and dips[/url]
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 4