This is a Cheeseburger meatloaf for cheese lovers! It is moist, tender and is packed with so many flavors! Covered with a delicious sticky caramelized glaze! It won’t fall apart when you slice it! Comfort food at its best!
- Bread crumbs- 1 1/2 cup
- Milk- 3/4 cup
- Ground beef ( lean or regular)- 1 kg/ 2.2 pound
- Onion ( finely diced)-1
- Garlic cloves ( minced)-4
- Cheddar cheese ( shredded)- 1/4 cup
- Tomato paste- 2 tbsp.
- Large eggs – 2
- Worcestershire sauce-2 tbsp.
- Fresh parsley ( finely chopped)- 1/4 cup
- Classic yellow mustard- 1 tbsp.
- Cumin powder- 1 tsp.
- Ground black pepper- 1/2 tsp
- Salt- 1 tsp or to taste
- Cheddar cheese ( cubed)-250 gm/ 0.5 lbs
- Ketchup- 1/2 cup
- Tomato paste/ passata-1/4 cup
- Honey- 2 tbsp.
- White vinegar-4 tbsp.
- Worcestershire sauce- 1 tbsp.
- Garlic powder- 1 tsp.
- Cumin powder-1 tsp.
- Paprika-1 tsp.
- Crack pepper- 1/2 tsp.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F / 200°C with the rack in the center. Grease a baking sheet lightly. Alternatively you can line it with a parchment paper.
- In a large bowl soak breadcrumbs ( or 4 slices of bread) in milk.
- Combine ground beef with the soaked breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, shredded Cheddar cheese, tomato paste, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, yellow mustard, cumin powder, parsley, tomato sauce, ground black pepper and salt. Mix gently until just combined.
- Transfer the meat mixture on the tray and stretch it out like pizza dough to get a rectangle. Put Cheddar cheese cubes in the middle and roll the meat up tightly , starting from the short end. Seal the edges completely to make sure the cheese will stay inside the meatloaf. Keep aside.
- In a small bowl mix together tomato sauce, ketchup, honey, paprika, garlic powder, cumin, black pepper, white vinegar and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour half of the glaze over the meatloaf and spread evenly with a spoon. Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, then remove and spread the remaining glaze over the meatloaf.
- Bake for further 15 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving/ slicing.
- Serve over homemade pasta, jasmine rice, Instant pot brown rice, Fettuccini Alfredo, cacio e pepe, mashed potatoes or steamed broccoli.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Meatloaf recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 364 kcal
- Sugar: 4 g
- Fat: 22 g
- Saturated Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Protein: 35 g
- Cholesterol: 132 mg
Keywords: cheesy meatloaf, meatloaf recipe, cheeseburger meatloaf, meatloaf