Creamy Boursin Cheese Pasta is a dreamy pasta dish ready in 20 mins. Pure comfort on a plate!
- 8 ounces Linguine, or pasta of choice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted Butter
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 4 ounces Smoked Sausage, sliced
- 1x 5 ounces pack of Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs Cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, optional
- Salt & Black Pepper, as needed
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta according to packet instructions until it's al dente. Make sure not to overcrowd the pot; use just enough water to cook the pasta. Keep in mind, using less water makes it starchier.
- While your pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the onions and sauté until soft. Then, add the sausage and fry until it's lightly browned.
- Just before the pasta is fully cooked, reserve 1 cup of the starchy pasta water. Pour about 3/4 cup into the pan and stir. Add Boursin cheese and stir until melted. Then, stir in the Parmesan and season with Italian seasoning, salt and black pepper. Mix everything together and reduce the heat to low.
- Transfer the pasta directly from the pot into the sauce and toss. If the sauce becomes too thick, add a splash of the starchy pasta water. And if you add too much, simply keep it on low heat and gently toss until the sauce envelops the pasta.
- Starchy Water Tip: It's crucial to reserve the water right at the end when it's at its starchiest. The more starch, the creamier the sauce.
- Both Boursin and Parmesan can be quite salty, so it's best to go easy on any extra salt. Adjust to your taste preference. A generous pinch of black pepper adds a nice touch.
- Swap the Sausage: Feel free to use any filling you like, just aim for about 4 oz. Bacon, leftover chicken, mushrooms, and spinach are all great options!
- Dealing with Leftovers: As the pasta sits, the sauce will thicken. To reheat, gently warm any leftovers in a pan over low heat with a splash of milk to restore the sauce's creaminess.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Pasta recipes
- Calories: 856 kcal
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 952 mg
- Fat: 46 g
- Saturated Fat: 21 g
- Carbohydrates: 75 g
- Fiber: 11 g
- Protein: 21 g
- Cholesterol: 130 mg
Keywords: boursin cheese pasta, boursin pasta, how to make boursin pasta