This Banana Cake is moist, fluffy, tender and packed with banana flavor all at the same time. Hands downs, it is the best banana cake I’ve ever eaten. White chocolate- pecan nuts glaze is absolutely irresistible! A perfect dessert for special occasions. It comes out perfect every time I makes it.
- FOR BANANA CAKE
- Ripe bananas- 2
- White sugar- 3/4 cup
- Eggs ( room temperature)-2
- Cake flour-2 cups or 230 gm
- Baking soda- 1 tsp.
- Milk-100 ml
- Vegetable oil-1/3 cup
- Salt- 1/2 tsp.
- FOR THE WHITE CHOCOLATE GLAZE
- White chocolate-375 gm
- Vegetable oil -5/8 cup (1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- Pecan nuts ( finely chopped)- 100 gm + a few nuts for cake decorating.
- Yellow food color-1/2 tsp.
- Preheat your oven to 170 degree C /340 F with the rack in the center of the oven. Spray a 8 inch (20 cm) round cake pan/silicon cake mold with a non stick vegetable spray.
- Place bananas and sugar into the bowl of your food processor. Process until blended.
- Add eggs and process until well combined, then add cake flour and baking powder.
- Finally add milk and vegetable oil, beat the batter for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Fill the piping bag with the cake batter, then transfer the batter into the silicon cake mold/ pan.
- Bake it for about 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes. Remove from the pan/ silicon mold.
- Allow the banana cake cool completely before decorating.
- Glaze. In a pan placed over a saucepan with simmering water melt white chocolate.
- Remove from the heat and combine with vegetable oil. Add the chopped pecan nuts and food color, mix well.
- Transfer the cooled cake to a cooking rack, pour the chocolate mixture over the cake to cover evenly and decorate with pecan nuts.
- Refrigerate the cake for 1-2 hours before serving.
- Category: Cakes
- Cuisine: International
Keywords: banana cake recipe, banana bread, cake