- Trout steaks - 1 kg or 2.2 lb
- Lemon ( sliced)- 1
- Ginger ( chopped)- 1 tbsp ( optional)- use only for marinade
- Olive oil- 1 tbsp
- Fish seasoning ( any of your choice)- 1 tsp
- FOR THE SAUCE
- Unsalted butter ( melted )- 3 tbsp
- All- purpose flour- 3 tbsp
- vegetable stock ( boiling)- 2 cups
- Heavy cream-1/4 cup
- Egg yolks ( lightly beaten)- 2
- Lemon juice- 2 tbsp
- Salt- to taste
- Ground black pepper- 1 tsp
- FOR SERVING
- Unsalted butter ( melted)- 1 tbsp
- Parsley chiffonade- 1 tbsp ( optional)
- Cayenne pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Preheat your oven to 200 C / 400 F with the rack in the center.
- In a small bowl combine olive oil, fish seasoning, ginger and lemon juice ( from squeezed lemon slices). Pour the mixture over the trout steaks, coat evenly. Allow to marinate 10 minutes.
- Transfer the marinated trout steaks with lemon slices into a large oven-safe skillet and bake 9-10 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, use a rubber spatula & blend together the melted butter & flour in a large pan over medium heat.
- Pour the boiling vegetable stock and whisk with a wire whip.
- Add the egg yolks & heavy cream. Bring to boil. Season with the black pepper and lemon juice. Beat in 1 tbs of the melted butter.
- Remove the baked trout from the oven and pour the sauce immediately. Sprinkle cayenne pepper & garnish with parsley chiffonade.
- Happy Healthy Eating!
An oven safe pan, a wire whip, a rubber spatula
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Seafood/ Trout recipes
- Cuisine: French