- Black beans ( soaked overnight)- 1 3/4 cup
- Vegetable oil* ( any of your choice)- 3 tbsp
- Flax-seeds- 2 1/2 tbsp
- Water- 7 tbsp / 100 ml
- Cocoa powder- 1/2 cup*
- Salt- 1/4 tsp
- Pure vanilla extract- 1 1/2 tsp
- Baking powder- 1 1/2 tsp
- Brown sugar- 1/2 cup
- Blanched sliced almonds- 1 1/2 tbsp
- Preheat your oven to 180 C or 350 F with the rack in the middle of the oven.
- Grind flax-seeds using a grinder. Combine the ground flax-seeds with water.
- Transfer flax-seed mixture to a blender.
- Add remaining ingredients ( except the blanched sliced almonds) & beat about 4 minutes. Scrape down the sides when needed. The batter should be thick but not runny.
- Divide the batter between 9 muffin cups ( medium-sized). Top with blanched slice almond ( or any nuts of your choice).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes ( depends on your oven).
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool at least 20 minutes before removing from the muffin cups.
- These black bean brownies are very soft & can be crumbled easily, so remove very gently.
- Store the brownies in a an airtight container for up to 4 days.
* I don't recommend to use coconut oil as it becomes solid when refrigerated & can make brownies really hard.
* Real chocolate lovers can increase this amount up to 3/4 cup but the brownies will have a really bitter taste.
- Category: Vegan/Gluten free/ Desserts
- Cuisine: Vegan