The ultimate chocolatey banana bread treat! This triple chocolate banana bread is so delicious and so easy to make you’re going to absolutely love it. Like chocolate? Like banana? You’ll love this bread!
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup granulated white sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour or plain flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder or Dutch processed
- 1 cup dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (176°C). Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Mash bananas with a fork. Stir in melted butter and mix to combine. Add in the egg, vanilla extract and sugar and mix until smooth.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder. Stir into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Fold in half the chocolate chips and half the dark chocolate.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and top with remaining chocolate chips and dark chocolate.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then remove the bread and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
This bread is very moist the next day. Store it in an airtight container for up to 7 days. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months in a freezer bag.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Category: Bread recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 439kcal
- Sugar: 36g
- Sodium: 251mg
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 71mg
Keywords: triple chocolate banana bread, banana bread, chocolate banana bread