This shrimp and broccoli pasta recipe is easy, quick and packed with so many flavors. Tastes and looks like a restaurant dish!
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound (500 grams) fresh shrimp ( prawns), peeled and deveined
- Salt and ground black pepper, as needed
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 8 cups broccoli florets ( about 1 large broccoli head)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped or minced, divided
- 12 ounces (350 grams) linguine pasta (dry weight)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2-3 tablespoons toasted hazelnuts or pine nuts
- Fresh basil leaves, to garnish
- Begin by making zucchini pesto. Add the chopped zucchini and 1 garlic clove to your food processor fitted with the s-shaped blade. Pulse until the texture looks like pesto. Scoop zucchini out of the bowl, hold over the sink and squeeze as much water as you can with your hands. Set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan or skillet over medium high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan. When it is hot, season the shrimp with salt and pepper and add to the pan. Cook in batches, about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the broccoli florets and cook 1 minute. While broccoli is cooking, heat 2 tablespoons of the remaining olive oil in the same skillet. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the broccoli to a skillet. Add the zucchini pesto and the chopped garlic. Cook until garlic is fragrant and no liquid is seen ( from zucchini pesto), about 1-2 minutes.
- To the same pot of boiling water, add the pasta. Cook according to package instructions; drain and rinse reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Add the broccoli/ zucchini mix along with shrimp into the pasta, stirring everything through for 1 minute on low heat. Add the reserved pasta water ( only if needed).
- Garnish with parmesan cheese, toasted hazelnuts and basil leaves.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: Pasta recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 385kcal
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 521mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 53g
- Fiber: 10g
- Protein: 38g
- Cholesterol: 186mg
Keywords: broccoli pasta, shrimp pasta, pasta recipes, shrimp