This Panda Express Shanghai Angus Steak is a quick and easy stir fry with onions, mushrooms, asparagus, and Angus sirloin steak. The real hero of this meal is its flavorful sauce!
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 12 oz ( 340 grams) Angus sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small white onion, sliced and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 oz ( 340 grams) asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups white mushrooms, sliced
For the sauce
- In a large bowl, mix together the cornstarch and 2 tablespoon soy sauce. Add the steak slices and mix to coat. Allow to marinate for 30-60 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sauce ingredients: soy sauce, kecap manis, rice wine, black pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Set aside.
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet/ wok over high heat. Once the oil starts smoking, add the garlic and onion, and stir fry for 2 minutes or until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and asparagus and cook further for 1-2 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In the same wok or pan, add the beef strips and cook over high heat until the beef turns golden brown, about 4-5 minutes.
- Return the veggies and add the sauce. Give it a nice toss and cook on medium for about 2-3 minutes or until the sauce has thickened. Remove from the heat and serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Calories: 385kcal
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 1220mg
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 28g
- Cholesterol: 76mg
Keywords: Panda Express Shanghai Angus Steak,panda express recipes