Salmon piccata is made with salmon fillets, butter, capers, and broth. My recipe for salmon piccata is a favorite in my home, and an easy go-to-meal for any day of the week. With a preparation time of less than 20 minutes, and cooking for roughly the same amount of time, dinner served (!) will take on a whole new meaning once this gorgeous dish is put on the table.
- FOR SALMON
- Salmon fillets ( with skin or skinless)-6 x 200 g
- Italian seasoning- 1 tsp
- Salt- 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper/ white pepper-1/ 2 tsp
- All- purpose flour- 1/2 cup
- Butter- 1 tbsp
- Olive oil- 1 tbsp
- PICCATA SAUCE
- Butter - 1 tbsp
- Garlic cloves ( minced)- 5
- Chicken broth- 1 1/2 cup, plus 4 tbsp to dissolve cornstarch
- Cornstarch- 1 tbsp
- Whole black peppercorns- 1/2 tsp
- Italian peperoncino- 2 ( optional)
- Fresh lemon juice- 3 tbsp
- Carpers- 4 tbsp
- FOR SERVING
- Fresh parsley ( finely chopped)- 3 tbsp
- Lemon slices- 4-5
- In a shallow dish mix 1/2 cup flour with Italian seasoning, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper. Evenly coat each salmon fillet with flour mixture. Shake off any excess flour.
- In a large pan melt 1 tbsp butter, then add 1 tbsp of olive oil and mix through the melted butter. Add the salmon fillets and fry 8 minutes ( 4 minutes per side) over medium heat. Transfer onto a large plate, cover with foil & set aside for a white.
- Melt the remaining 1 tbsp butter in the same pan. Add the garlic & sauté until fragrant but not browned.Add 1 1/2 cup of chicken broth. Bring to boil and cook until liquid a little bit evaporates. Add the peperoncino, whole black peppercorns, fresh lemon juice & mix well. Cook another 2 minutes. In a small cup dissolve 1 tbsp of cornstarch with 4 tbsp of broth/water; add gradually the cornstarch to the sauce, whisking well to avoid any lumps.Cook until the sauce is slightly thickened.
- Remove the pan from heat. Stir in capers. Place the salmon fillets back into the pan, evenly coat each fillet in the sauce.
- Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and black pepper. Serve with lemon slices over rice or steamed veggies.
- Category: Seafood/Salmon recipes
- Cuisine: Italian