- White or wholemeal flour- 250 gm
- Rye flour- 125 gm
- Dry Instant Yeast- 7 gm
- Sugar- 5 gm
- Warm water- 250 ml
- Honey-1 tbsp
- Butter- 5 gm
- Salt- 10 gm
- Mix yeast and sugar with 40 ml of warm ( but not hot) water.
- In a separate bowl combine 150 gm of white or wholemeal flour with 60 gm of rye flour. Put both bowls aside for 15 minutes.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients( water, honey, sugar,butter, salt..) to form a dough. You can knead dough in the stand mixer for 5 minutes on slow speed and 5 minutes on medium speed. Rye flour absorbs lots of water, so you may need to add more.Remember that rye flour contains less gluten, it simply means that the texture of your rye loaf will not be as light and elastic as the texture of a normal white loaf.
- Form a ball. Place it on the baking tray,brush generously with olive oil and leave it to rise for 1 hour in warm place.
- Preheat your oven to 220 C. Dust the dough with flour and bake 40-50 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire cooling rack and leave to cool for at least 30 mins.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour 10 mins
- Category: BREAD RECIPES
- Cuisine: International