These Oreo truffle balls are an easy, no-bake dessert with only four ingredients. That’s right, armed only with cream cheese, Oreos, vanilla extract and chocolate, you can put together these delectable Oreo truffles.
- 1 package ( 14 oz.) Oreos, any flavor
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 oz. high quality white chocolate, melted
- 3 oz. back chocolate, melted, for topping
- Sprinkles, for topping
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add Oreos ( don't remove the cream filling) to your food processor and blend until fine crumbs.
- Add the cream cheese and vanilla extract, and blend until well combined. The mixture will be sticky. Roll into 1-inch balls. Transfer to a plate and freeze for 20-30 minutes.
- Melt white chocolate in a small microwave safe bowl. Alternatively you can melt the chocolate on stove. Bring a pot of water to a boil, reduce to a low simmer. Place another bowl with chocolate over the top of the pot. Stir from time to time until melted.
- Remove Oreo balls from the freezer. Dip them in melted chocolate and use a spoon to drizzle it with chocolate. Using a fork, lift and allow excess chocolate to run off. Transfer to a baking sheet and sprinkle with sprinkles and crushed Oreos if desired. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes to set.
- Melt black chocolate in a small microwave bowl.
- Dip a fork into the melted chocolate and drizzle it over the Oreo truffles.
- Refrigerate again for 10 minutes.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge until ready to serve.
Do not allow any moisture to come into contact with your melted chocolate. This will make your chocolate seize when melted. This mean you should dry utensils for stirring, use a dry bowl, and so on.
Avoid the temptation to try and speed up your chocolate melting with high heat. Low and slow is the way to go. Just follow the instructions on your packaging and you should be OK.
You can use specific melting chocolate or baker’s bars rather than chocolate chips for chocolate that will melt very easily. This ensures a smoother consistency.
If you want to color your chocolate, all you need to do is add four drops of an oil-based food coloring to melted white chocolate. Stir the melted chocolate until it is uniform in color. You need to use an oil based food coloring to make sure your chocolate doesn’t seize.
The best time to decorate your truffles with sprinkles or crushed cookie bits is right after they have been dipped in melted chocolate.
Storage: your truffles will keep in the fridge for up to two weeks! You could also try freezing them. They’ll keep in the freezer for up to three months.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Category: Dessert recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 221kcal
- Sugar: 17g
- Sodium: 120mg
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
Keywords: Oreo truffles, Oreo truffle balls, how to make Oreo truffles