- Original Digestive biscuits ( finely crushed)- 2 1/2 cup or 250 gm ( 9 oz)
- Butter ( unsalted)- 1/2 cup ( 115 gm)
- Icing sugar- 1/2 cup (63 gm)
- Full Fat Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature- 1 kg ( 4 1/3 cup)
- Large eggs- 5 ( room temperature)
- White sugar- 1 cup (200 gm)
- All purpose flour- 3 tbsp (25-30 gm)
- Heavy whipping cream- 1/3 cup ( 90 ml)
- Vanilla extract- 1 tbsp
- Lemon Zest- 2 tbsp
- For Topping
- Sour Cream- 1 cup ( 230 gm)
- Icing sugar- 4 tbsp
- Vanilla Extract- 1 tsp
- First grease your baking pan( see notes) and preheat your oven to 170 C or 350 F. Place rack in the center of the oven.
- Take a large bowl, place melted butter, finely crushed Digestive biscuits, and sugar . Combine well.
- Transfer it into the baking pan and press the crumbs evenly up the sides of the baking pan. Put it in the refrigerator while preparing filling.
- Take a bowl of your stand mixer, place cream cheese, sugar and flour. Start beating on medium speed until it becomes soft. ( 40-50 seconds).
- Now add eggs ( ONE AT A TIME) Add an egg and beat 15-20 seconds, add another egg and repeat the procedure. Do same with all 5 eggs. Don't forget to scape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the remaining ingredients: whipping cream, lemon zest, vanilla extract. Beat 1-2 minutes more on medium speed.
- Pour the filling in the cooled crust.
- Bake 15 minutes at 170 C or 350 F, then reduce the temperature to 120 C or 250 F and bake another 80-90 minutes.YOU HAVE TO BAKE UNTIL THE CHEESECAKE BECOMES FIRM, ONLY THE CENTER WILL LOOK A LITTLE BIT WET.
- While it is baking , in a small bowl combine sugar, sour cream and vanilla extract.
- Take the cheesecake out of the oven, spread evenly sour cream and return to the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven, run a spatula around the inside edge of baking pan carefully. Allow the cheesecake cool completely.
- Refrigerate overnight and serve with fresh fruits like blueberries and strawberries.
Equipment: 23 cm ( 9 inch) baking pan
Baking Temperature: First 15-16 minutes - 170 C ( 350 F), and another 90 minutes 120C ( 250 F).
- Category: Cakes
- Cuisine: American