Homemade mushroom ravioli made with the most delicious filling, fresh pasta and served with a flavorful garlic parmesan chicken broth. They taste better than any store-bought pasta.
- Unbleached flour-2 1/2 cup
- A pinch of salt
- Unsalted butter- 2 tablespoons
- Onion (diced)- 1
- Garlic cloves (minced)-3
- Brown mushrooms or cremini (chopped)- 16 ounces (450 g)
- Parsley(chopped)-2 tablespoons
- Italian seasoning- 1 teaspoon
- Salt and black pepper -to taste
- Parmesan cheese-1/2 cup
- Cream cheese-1/4 cup
Mushroom Ravioli Sauce:
- Unsalted butter- 4 tablespoons
- Fresh sage leaves-5-6, plus more to garnish
- Garlic cloves (chopped)-2
- Chicken stock- 3 cups
- Fresh grated parmesan cheese- 1/3 cup
- Salt and black pepper- to taste
- Add all the ingredients to the bowl of a food processor with a blade attachment. Pulse until the mixture becomes crumbly. You might need to add more flour if it is not crumbly. Transfer on the working surface and form a ball with your hands. Knead for 1-2 minutes until smooth. If you find the dough sticky, add some extra flour because it should be dry. Cover with plastic and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes at room temperature.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal pieces and roll into lasagna sheets. Place 1 tablespoon of mushroom filling ( 1 inch/ 2.5 cm apart) over half the pasta sheet. Brush the edges with water and fold the sheet over the mushroom filling. Be sure to seal the edges well. Using a pastry crimper, cut into squares. Cover ravioli to prevent from drying out while you are working with the remaining dough pieces. Alternatively you can use ravioli molds if desired. You can also make these mushroom ravioli with wonton wrappers. You will need about 45-50 wrappers.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook for 4-5 minutes. Drain.
- Melt butter in a skillet. Add the mushrooms, chopped onion and garlic. Cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Then add Italian seasoning and parsley. Cook for 20 seconds.
- Remove 1/2 of the mixture and blend until you get paste. Return back to the skillet and mix with the remaining 1/2 of the mixture. Allow to cool to room temperature. Stir in the parmesan cheese and cream cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
Mushroom ravioli sauce( broth)
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Once it is melted, add the sage leaves. Keep stirring, the butter will begin to foam. When the butter is about to brown, add the chopped garlic and continue to stir. The butter will turn brown and will smell nutty. Quickly add the chicken stock and parmesan cheese. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook until the cheese is melted. Season with salt and pepper. Add the cooked ravioli and give a nice stir. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Pasta recipes
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 694.64kcal
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 979.53mg
- Fat: 31.3g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 74.85g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 26.66g
- Cholesterol: 198.1mg
Keywords: mushroom ravioli sauce, sauce, mushroom ravioli