Instant Pot Lentil Soup is full of amazing Mediterranean flavors and packed with healthy nutritious ingredients. It is done in less than one hour in an Instant Pot. Please your family and friends with this super delicious soup. Serve for lunch or dinner with the crusty bread.
- Lamb (on the bone/boneless cut to bite size pieces)- 1 pound / 500 gm
- Vegetable oil-3 tbsp.
- Onion ( finely chopped)-1
- Fresh grated ginger-1 tsp.
- Ground cumin- 1 tsp.
- Ground cinnamon-1/4 tsp.
- Paprika - 1/2 tsp.
- Cayenne pepper-1/4 tsp.
- Tomatoes (finely diced)- 3 large or 4 medium
- Brown lentils ( rinsed)- 1 1/2 cup
- Chickpeas (rinsed)- 1 can ( 15-ounce)
- Chicken broth-10 cups
- Corn starch - 1 1/2 tbsp. ,mix with 2 tbsp. of water.
- Fresh cilantro ( chopped)-1/3 cup
- Turn the instant pot on and choose the Sauté function. Set timer for 20 min. Once it is hot, add vegetable oil and onion and saute until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in ginger and spices ( paprika, cayenne pepper, cumin, cinnamon) and cook until fragrant , about 30 seconds.
- Add meat into the pot, bring to simmer and cook for 10 minutes, then stir in the chopped tomatoes and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Add lentils and chickpeas,whisk in 5 cups of broth, scraping up any bits from the sides of the pot. Season with salt.
- Cover and choose Pressure Cooker High mode, set time +/- for 15 min. When it is cooked , press Cancel button.
- Allow 10 minutes Natural air Release.
- Open the pot, pour another 5 cups of broth, corn starch mixture, chopped cilantro and choose Soup function.Set time for +/-3 minutes, cook to thicken the soup. Press Cancel.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Instant Pot recipes
- Cuisine: Moroccan
- Serving Size: 100 g
- Calories: 73 kcal
- Sugar: 1.22 g
- Sodium: 249 mg
- Fat: 4.49 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 10 mg
Keywords: Instant pot lentil soup, instant pot soup recipes