What’s a meal that’s delicious, easy to make, only takes twenty minutes to cook, and only needs a few ingredients? This awesome honey lemon garlic chicken recipe!
- 6 chicken thighs, with or without skin
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Ground black pepper and salt, to taste
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 6 garlic cloves, minced or finely chopped
- 1/4 cup water or chicken stock
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice ( or apple cider vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- Lemon slices, as needed
- Season chicken thighs with ground black pepper, salt and garlic powder all over. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken thighs and sear on both sides until golden, about 10 minutes ( 5 minutes per side). Reduce the heat to medium, cover the skillet with a lid and cook further for 2-3 minutes or until cooked through.
- Drain most of the oil from the pan, leaving about 1-2 tablespoons for flavor.
- Add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds; add the water, lemon juice, honey and soy sauce. Increase the heat to medium high and cook until the sauce thickens slightly, about 3 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, lemon slices and serve over steamed rice or veggies. Enjoy!
* You can use chicken breasts as well. You will need 3 chicken breasts. Slice horizontally in half to make 6 fillets. Sear them for 12 minutes ( 6 minutes per side or until cooked through).
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: Chicken recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 382kcal
- Sugar: 14g
- Sodium: 280mg
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 25g
- Cholesterol: 140mg
Keywords: chicken thighs, chicken recipes, honey garlic chicken