Perfect air fryer frozen mozzarella cheese sticks every time! How could you make soft, stretchy mozzarella cheese any better? How about wrapping the cheese in a crispy, crumbed coating and throwing it in the air fryer?
- 10-12 Frozen Mozzarella Sticks
- Preheat your air fryer.
- Place the frozen mozzarella sticks in your air fryer basket and arrange them in a single layer. No oil is needed.
- Air Fry at 356°F |180°C for 6-7 minutes or until the cheese starts to ooze out. Shake the basket halfway through cooking.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
- The first thing you need to know is not to thaw your sticks before frying. Thawing them out can make the sticks soggy. Just put your frozen mozzarella sticks straight into the air fryer when you remove them from the freezer. This gives them a beautifully crispy outer coating.
- You’ll also want to spread your sticks in an even layer when air frying. There’s no need to stack them. This will actually impede your cooking! Overcrowding or stacking the sticks will prevent the hot air that cooks your cheese sticks from reaching every surface. You’ll end up with unevenly cooked sticks, or worse, soggy ones! It’s OK to cook in smaller batches.
- Use a small first batch to work out how hot, and for how long, you need to cook your sticks.
- You don’t need to use an oil spray on your mozzarella sticks, either. There’s plenty of oil in the crust, so any more is just overkill.
- Prep Time: 1 min
- Cook Time: 7 min
- Category: Air fryer recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 255kcal
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 559mg
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 12g
- Cholesterol: 22mg
Keywords: air fryer mozzarella sticks, mozzarella sticks, air fryer recipes