Tender chicken breasts. Creamy tomato sauce bursting with flavor. Crunchy, tasty kale. All in one skillet!
- 1.5 lbs chicken breasts ( 2 large), cut in half lengthwise
- Salt, as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup half & half
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 4 cups kale, ribs removed, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Cut each chicken breast in half lengthwise. Season with salt and ground black pepper on both sides.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and sear until golden and cooked through (165°F|74°C), about 5-6 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- In the same skillet, add the garlic and red chili flakes, and cook until just fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Pour in the tomato sauce and half & half. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in the Parmesan cheese and kale, stirring until kale is wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Return the chicken back into the skillet and cook further for 1 minutes.
- Garnish with basil leaves and extra Parmesan cheese if desired. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: Chicken recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 450.64kcal
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 954.17mg
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 15.44g
- Fiber: 4.06g
- Protein: 35.62g
- Cholesterol: 107.59mg
Keywords: creamy tomato chicken, chicken breast recipes, chicken dinner