Creamy chicken pesto pasta is rich, easy and perfect for weeknight dinner! Loaded with juicy chicken, basil pesto and green beans.
- Skinless chicken breasts ( sliced)- 1 1/2 lb (700 gm)
- Salt-1 teaspoon or to taste
- Crack black pepper- 1/2 teaspoon or to taste
- Olive oil- 2 tablespoons
- Garlic (minced)-4
- Green beans (trimmed and cut into thirds)-2 cups
- Butter- 2 tablespoons
- Chicken broth- 1 cup
- Cooking cream- 1 1/2 cup
- Basil pesto-1/2 cup
- Fresh grated Parmesan cheese- 1 cup
- Salt and pepper- to taste
- Penne rigate pasta- 14 oz
- Cook pasta according to package instructions in a pot of salted boiling water. Drain and rinse. Keep aside for later.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. When oil is hot, arrange the chicken in a single layer and fry until cooked through, about 6 minutes ( 3 minutes per side). You may need to cook chicken in batches if your skillet is small. Return the cooked chicken into the skillet.
- Add the green beans, garlic and butter, cook until garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to low medium, pour in chicken broth and cooking cream; bring to a gentle simmer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese and pesto and cook until the cheese has melted through. Taste test and adjust the seasoning (if needed).
- Add the cooked pasta and mix.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Category: Pasta recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 512kcal
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 467mg
- Fat: 35g
- Saturated Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 20g
- Cholesterol: 155mg
Keywords: chicken pesto pasta, pasta, pesto