This classic cheesy and peppery Cacio e peppe requires only 3 ingredients and 20 minutes which makes it an ideal meal for weeknight dinners. It is an incredibly flavourful and absolutely delicious creamy pasta dish without cream.
- Spaghetti- 320 gm
- Fresh grated Pecorino Romano cheese (medium aged)-200 gm
- Ground black pepper- 1 1/2- 2 tsp.
- Salt - as needed
- Grate Pecorino Romano, using a cheese grater and grind whole black peppercorns. I used mortar and pestle. Keep aside.
- Take a roomy saucepan/pot that gives pasta space to move around in, fill with water and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente as per package instructions.
- In the meantime, begin to prepare creamy Pecorino cheese sauce. Transfer the grated cheese to a large bowl and add some hot water from the saucepan/pot. Whisk to combine and get cream without lumps.
- In a large skillet/ pan toast ground peppercorns until aromatic, about 1 minute, then add a few ladles of hot water and cook another 1-2 minute to allow peppercorns release all the flavor.
- Once pasta is al dente, transfer into the pot with peppercorns. Add 2-3 ladles of hot water and mix well to combine. Complete cooking pasta in the pot.
- When the pasta is cooked, remove from the stove and give a nice stir.
- Now add the Pecorino cream and another ladle of HOT water if necessary. Keep stirring until you the sauce gets through the pasta. You might need to add more hot water if it is too dry for your taste.
- Serve with some fresh ground black pepper and Pecorino cheese.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Pasta recipes
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 491 kcal
- Sugar: 2.5 g
- Sodium: 1239 mg
- Fat: 14.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 66.4 g
- Fiber: 2.3 g
- Protein: 23.4 g
- Cholesterol: 52 mg
Keywords: cacio e pepe, pasta recipes, pasta, creamy pasta, easy pasta recipes