Creamy Boursin Mashed Potatoes – a blend of rich flavors and velvety texture. Elevate your side dish game with this easy recipe.
- 2 pounds potatoes (Russet, Yukon Gold, Creme Gold, Dutch Creams) washed, peeled, and cut into quarters lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup hot milk, or as needed
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 5.2 ounces Boursin cheese one whole package, any flavor
- 1/2 - 1 cup Half & Half, warmed, about 1 minute in the microwave
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped chives or parsley to garnish, optional to garnish
- PREPARATION: Start by washing, peeling, and cutting the potatoes into quarters lengthwise. Rinse the potato chunks thoroughly under cold water until the water becomes clear.
- BOILING: In a 6-quart pot, put the potatoes and cover them with cold water seasoned with 1 teaspoon of salt, ensuring they are submerged by an inch. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to medium-low and let them gently simmer until easily pierced with a fork (approximately 15-20 minutes).
- MASHING: While the potatoes are still warm, use a potato ricer to mash them, then return them to the pot. If you prefer a chunkier texture, you can also use a potato masher.
- MIXING: Add the hot milk, butter, Boursin cheese, and warm half & half to the mashed potatoes. Start with 1/2 cup of half & half and adjust as needed for desired consistency. Mix until well combined. Season with salt and pepper according to your taste.
- SERVING: Serve the mashed potatoes while still hot. Garnish with fresh herbs, melted butter, or even gravy as a delicious topping.
Storage: Cool down completely. Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate. Boursin Mashed Potatoes are best when consumed within 3-4 days.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: Side dishes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 271 kcal
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 365 mg
- Fat: 15 g
- Saturated Fat: 9 g
- Carbohydrates: 28 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 41 mg
Keywords: boursin mashed potatoes, boursin cheese mashed potatoes