Air Fryer Bang Bang Chicken Skewers - Crispy, spicy, and irresistibly delicious! Perfect for parties or a quick weeknight meal.
- wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
For The Chicken
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Green onions, sliced, optional
Bang Bang Sauce
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, Cajun seasoning, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken and mix everything so the chicken is well coated with the spices and oil.
- Make Bang Bang Sauce. Mix the mayonnaise, Thai chili sauce, Sriracha, honey, and rice vinegar in a small bowl. This gives you around 1 ¾ cups of bang bang sauce.
- Reserve half of the sauce for later. Add the remaining sauce to the bowl with the chicken. Mix well.
- For each skewer, slide on 5-6 pieces of chicken.
- Place the skewers in your air fryer basket in one layer. You might need to work in batches.
- Cook in the air fryer at 400°F for about 11-12 minutes, turning them over halfway. Make sure the chicken is done when its internal temperature is 165°F.
- Transfer the skewers to a serving dish and brush with the remaining bang bang sauce.
- Garnish with the green onions.
- Refrigeration: If you have leftovers or want to store them for a short period, place the cooked chicken skewers in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator. They will stay fresh for 2-3 days.
- Freezing: If you want to store them for a longer time, tightly wrap the chicken skewers in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Place them in an airtight container or freezer bag to prevent freezer burn. They can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Thawing: When you're ready to enjoy them, if they're frozen, let the skewers thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating or consuming.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Category: Chicken recipes
- Cuisine: Asian
- Calories: 312 kcal
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 489 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 38 g
- Cholesterol: 99 mg
Keywords: bang bang chicken skewers, chicken skewers, air fryer chicken recipes,