Make crispy, delicious air fryer potato chips in minutes! This easy-to-follow recipe yields perfectly seasoned, low-fat potato chips that are sure to satisfy your snack cravings.
- 2 large Russet/Idaho potatoes
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, as needed
- Cut the potatoes into very thin slices, about 1/8-inch-thick. A mandoline slicer can make this process faster.
- Put the sliced potatoes in a large bowl, filled with cold water. Rinse the potatoes by moving them around. This removes the starches and helps the chips to crisp.
- Spread the potatoes on paper towels or clean kitchen towels and pat dry.
- Place the sliced potatoes in a large bowl, add olive oil, salt and pepper, and toss to coat evenly.
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F.
- Arrange the sliced potatoes in an even layer in your air fryer basket, making sure they don't overlap too much (no more than two layers). Cook for 20 minutes, tossing the chips with tongs every 5 to 7 minutes to ensure even cooking. Once some chips are crispy, you can remove them to a plate and continue cooking the remaining ones. For two large potatoes, you may need to repeat the process in 2-3 batches.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Storage: To store your potato chips, place them in an airtight container or a zip-top bag and keep them for up to a week. If you want to freeze them, put them in an airtight container or a freezer-safe zip-top bag (remove all the air) and store them for up to 3 months. Before serving, let them thaw for a few minutes at room temperature.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: Air fryer recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 97kcal
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 20mg
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: air fryer potato chips, potato chips, healthy potato chips