Garlic Parmesan Chicken Skewers made effortlessly in the air fryer. Elevate your skewer game with savory goodness!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons regular paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco Green Pepper Sauce
- 2 lbs. boneless and skinless chicken thighs, cut into 3-inch pieces
- nonstick cooking spray
Garlic Parmesan Butter Sauce
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter ( 1 stick)
- 10 cloves garlic, finely chopped or minced
- 1/3 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/2 cup parmesan, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, minced
- Preparation: Soak your wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl or a resealable plastic bag, mix together the oil, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and Tabasco Green Pepper Sauce.
- Add the chicken and toss to coat on all sides.
- Thread the chicken tightly onto each skewer, ensuring there is no space in between to maximize juiciness. If necessary, trim the top few inches of the skewers to fit in the air fryer after threading the chicken.
- Make the Garlic Parmesan Butter Sauce: Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Stir in minced garlic and red pepper flakes. Whisk until the garlic becomes fragrant, approximately 1 minute. Take the saucepan off the heat and allow to cool down for 1-2 minutes, add the parmesan, lemon juice and parsley, stirring to blend.
- Reserve one-third of the sauce to use for basting the partially cooked chicken. Keep the rest of the sauce for basting the FULLY COOKED chicken to prevent any cross-contamination.
- Cook the Chicken: Place the chicken skewers in the air fryer and cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 6-7 minutes. After 7 minutest, flip the skewers, apply the sauce for basting, and cook for an additional 6-7 minutes at 400 degrees, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. The total cooking time should be around 12-14 minutes.
- Once done, brush them with the remaining butter garlic sauce (using the reserved clean sauce) and sprinkle with extra parmesan before serving.
Making Ahead: You can marinate the chicken a day in advance, but we advise against cooking it ahead and reheating, as it may make the chicken dry.
Oven Method: Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Arrange the chicken skewers on a rimmed baking sheet lined with non-stick aluminum foil. Cook for about 14 minutes, flipping them halfway through and basting with butter a few times during baking. Next, switch the oven to broil and cook for an additional 2 minutes to achieve a golden-brown top. Once done, take the skewers out of the oven, baste them one last time with the butter sauce, and sprinkle with any remaining parmesan.
Grill Method: If you're using a grill, preheat it to medium-high heat. Place the prepared skewers over direct heat on the grill and cook each side for 5-6 minutes, basting with butter throughout the cooking process. Once they're cooked to your liking, remove them from the grill. Give the skewers a final basting with the butter sauce and sprinkle with any leftover parmesan for added flavor.
Store the container in the refrigerator. The chicken skewers can be refrigerated for up to 3-4 days.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 14 min
- Category: Chicken recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 407 kcal
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 429 mg
- Fat: 28 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 31 g
- Cholesterol: 87mg
Keywords: air fryer chicken skewers, chicken skewers in air fryer, how long to cook chicken skewers in air fryer